Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Day #338

I had trouble sleeping this morning and I haven’t been able to nap lately, so I was hesitant to start my day too early. I blogged then laid in bed and slept off and on till 9:30. Sleeping till i am ready to wake up = one of the best parts of covid life. And isn’t it sad I haven’t been able to nap? It’s the weirdest thing. I’m not even really tired in the afternoon anymore. I used to hit a wall and then feel 100% better after a quick nap, but now even if I am sleepy I can’t fall asleep. I do love a nice nap, but had to work to not feel guilty and so I’m not sad if my napping days are over. I am actually just realizing my body must not need that extra rest right now and that’s great. And I could very well go back to power naps, so who knows. I’m also just trying to appreciate that even if I’m not asleep, a quiet, meditative rest is good for the soul.

It’s Presidents’ Day, but we schooled anyway. We’re fully caught up from our ski trip, but might do another and also will be losing a few travel days to get to Montana. 

Frankie struggled with math again today. It has been really difficult lately and I’ve been praying about it and came up with a few things we’re going to try tomorrow, beginning with she and I saying a specific morning prayer for help. I’m feeling good about our plans. 

Alli found a bbq chicken and potato recipe so she made dinner while the girls and I cleaned and vacuumed. We finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the second time as a group and it’s always so emotional and exciting. And her dinner was delicious and wonderful to just enjoy it. Then I washed a million dishes. 

After bedtime I had a chat with Miss D. She’s been less than obedient lately and we definitely needed to talk about it. She also sometimes doesn’t listen when adults tell her something she disagrees with. She’s pretty stubborn and very smart and we talked about trusting people and the need to be a contributing peacemaking member of the family. 

We also got to FaceTime with this cutie and his very chatty big brother. Everyone is doing well and are happy and healthy and also it was -30° the other day and why do people live on the very tundra? I am hoping temps will be more livable in March so the girls and i can take Em out to play sometimes. 

It is pouring down rain tonight and the rest of the country is experiencing a bananas winter storm. It snowed in Seattle and El Paso and it’s about 8° in Texas and people haven’t had power all day. Fiasco. 

Also, I was able to get my dad and I appointments to get covid vaccinated on Monday and I’m nervous and excited. I heard on the news that between the amount of people that have already had covid and the amount that have been vaccinated, we should really begin to see the numbers coming down significantly. As Matt and Paul Rudd (certified young person) would say, let’s yeet this virus. 

No comments: