Saturday, February 20, 2021

Day #343

It was a nice Saturday. Addie had a stake youth activity where they met with a ward from Paris. I only heard a little bit, but I think it was a fun and creative way to show unity with our global church. Addie enjoyed it, but said it was a little long. 2 hours is a long time to be on zoom. Then the little girls had a Friend to Friend broadcast at 1. It was short and cute and clever. Frankie tries to act too cool for primary and says things like “I hope I’m in YW before they do another one of these.” But she was in it to win it when they had a drawing activity and I think she liked the whole thing. We each drew a girl praying and they came out really cutely. 

One side note. Addie and Frankie are amazing artists. They always have been creative and have a really great and interesting style of drawing and they love to do it. Delaney has never been as into drawing as they are, and also isn’t quite as gifted. Since we’ve been playing Telestrations a lot, Frankie and Addie must have said something to D, because when I asked her to make a card for someone recently she initially told me she couldn’t because she was a terrible artist. 💔 I know kids will be kids, but this is especially heart breaking to me because I don’t want her to think she can’t create because she’s not as good as someone else. I still struggle with that and I know so many like me that stop doing art all together because somewhere along the line someone told them they couldn’t/shouldn’t. I talked to both girls separately and will just keep working on it. 

I deep conditioned my hair this morning and then got distracted doing other things. There was a water main break downtown, but we’d just had low pressure all day. So I was surprised when i turned on the shower and watched as it slowly went from low pressure to no pressure. Thankfully I hadn’t gotten in yet, but it was pretty unfortunate timing. Water is back on now and still low pressure, but I did manage to get a shower. 

Papa brought over Crabknockers for dinner and we enjoyed a delicious meal together. I made a pistachio pudding dessert. Guys, we’re down to like 15 puddings, and they’re all within about 3 years of their expiration dates, so that’s a pretty big covid accomplishment. We played dominos, only Delaney wanted to be auntie Alli’s partner instead of mine for the first time. They beat us the first game and D had a field day that she beat me 3 times in a row. Then we played again and papa and I won. Then Delaney got distracted by the tv, so just papa, Alli, and I played, and I came off victorious. Delaney was kind of a bad sport about beating me 3 games in a row, so Alli took a pic of me with my winnings on it and I ran down and showed it to her. 😂 she loved my joke. 

And finally, the Finlayson 4. Such a cute little family! We can’t wait to see them in less than 2 weeks!



No comments: