Friday, February 12, 2021

Day #328 & #334-#335

The one with the new grand baby. πŸ€— Lexi went in to get induced yesterday, on her due date. We texted back and forth all day. It’s hard being so far away! 

We decided to be part of a church valentine exchange, and the a 5th grade exchange for Frankie doe our neighborhood kids. I love making homemade valentines, but I waited too long for exact numbers, so I couldn’t order anything and Thursday morning I didn’t feel like hunting around different stores. We had already picked their homemade cards, but we sat down and talked about it and they all agreed that it would be ok just to buy this year. I know it’s not a big deal, but I felt bad. I shouldn’t have. They loved shopping and loved picking valentines. They’ve never done it, and Frankie and Delaney liked their choices so much that that carried them around instead of putting them in the part. We also found this adorable nail polish dog toy. The top comes off and it’s super cute. 

I went to the eye dr on day #328 and she suggested I could buy reading glasses. Apparently after 40 our eyeballs harden and can make it difficult and painful to focus, so that’s exciting. I ordered some reading glasses from Amazon and they are taking some getting used to, but I think will work. I worked while Frankie did school. 

The girls happily wrote out their valentines. 

We had our Relief Society Roundtable at 7, and an hour before that we got the news that there was a new baby on the block! He’s 8.12lbs and 21” and just the cutest!

We can’t wait to get our hands on him in a few weeks. 

Our roundtable went really well. A few hiccups and I’ve sent another “thank you for extending grace” as opposed to “I’m sorry I messed up” email. Feeling very Anne of Green Gables and very ready to be done making mistakes, or at least so many mistakes. And also, it’s all fine. It really did go well. I sent out an anonymous survey today to get info on how we might improve, and so far everyone really appreciated the meeting. 

Today the brothers met and it was about the cutest thing ever. Emmett is a very gentle little giant. We’ve FaceTimed several times and have loved the videos they’ve sent. πŸ’•

It snowed all night and it was so pretty this morning. They cancelled school today, but we went ahead with our normal schedule to make up for one of our ski days. Matt and my dad went out and took pictures and droned. 

The girls played outside and it was another fun snow day. 

Also on day #328 (Friday the 5th) Delaney and Frankie headed to St. Mary’s City to take pictures. 

Everyone had fun and we even got a yummy loaf of bread from Enzo’s Bakeey. One of these days we’ll get our croissants, but for now the bread was great. 

Delaney has been loving taking pictures. It’s fun to see how they get excited about being creative. 

Addie loved being home without her sisters. She quietly read and watched some tv. She said it’s fun to be an only child sometimes, but wouldn’t be all the time. 


No comments: