Monday, February 22, 2021

Day #345

The big news of today is that my dad and I got our 1st covid shots. I feel such gratitude and relief, I might have teared up. So grateful and so ready. 

It was a rainy blah day, and we waited in quite the line. It took us about an hour and a half to snake our way through. 

Sweet Kelly at our dentist office gave this to Frankie to hold when she was nervous to get her cavities filled, and Frankie with the heart of gold gave it to papa to comfort him. It’s now hanging from the rear view mirror of the space car. 

We finally made it to the end of the line. The nice national guardsmen asked if I was ready, and bam. Immunized. 

We hung out for 15 minutes to make sure we didn’t have any adverse reactions and then we were on our way. 🙌🏼

We did a bit of shopping and then Alli and I beat team papa/delaney at a round of dominos. I’m cleaning out pantries again and we made a potato masala for meatless Monday. It was both spicy and bland all at the same time, a rare feat that I do not recommend. It had a very strange taste. No ones favorite, but still fine. As I was tucking girls in I realized that I did, in fact, get a shot today. My arm is getting mighty sore and we will see what tomorrow brings. I am fully prepared to stay in bed all day if I have to. 🤷‍♀️😂 

Oh also, I guess this guy 😂 isn’t cool anymore. There’s a big kerfuffle going on about Gen Z letting the rest of us know that side parts, skinny jeans, and this cutie 😂 are no longer cool. I guess I’ve arrived at official non-cool status, though i suspect I’ve been there, or at least knocking on its door for some time. 

No comments: