Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Day #339

As covid numbers continue to decline and the idea of a more normal life start to become a little more of a reality, I wanted to document some of the small moments of our covid life that I haven’t been great at documenting lately. Addie took a bath this morning in our bathtub, and this was what she brought with her in preparation. Because you never know which of 8 books you might feel like reading at any given moment. 

I’m cleaning out the pantries again, and trying to get rid of the last of the school cereals. 

Freshly showered girl with her oatmeal and choco chips. I don’t know how this trend happened but I guess it’s not that much worse than brown sugar?

Frankie and I prayed together, did a morning yoga routine, some ballavisx, then I put some lavender essential oil on her wrists and set her to work. She got everything done with zero help, including fractions. I believe in miracles! It was a complete 180° from yesterday and we were both so proud of her and of our inspiration and grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who cares about every detail in our lives. 

For my morning project while the girls schooled, I took all the cans out of my storage racks, wiped the racks all down (they needed it) the , then organized them so they made more sense. I also moved some of the shelving so it would be more sturdy, and pulled some cans that need to be used. I’ll have to grab the after picture tomorrow, I think it looks nice and tidy. 

Delaney recalled a picture of her as a baby perched on the island with all my cans to make freezer meal chili, and asked to recreate that cute picture. I just need to find it to do a side by side. 

Chelsea mentioned in our valentine swap email chain that her kids were worried people might not realize that their valentines were stickers. I sent this to let her know, that they in fact did realize that. These $25 computers have been lifesavers. 

Bubba came over to pick up his valentines goodies and some mail. I picked up lunch for everybody and we played some games. We were enjoying our afternoon so much that I was 10 minutes late to tutor Ruby and only realized because her mom texted me. This is my less than ideal Zoom set up. Exercise balls set up against a bed are not the most comfortable. I’ve tried zooming everywhere in the house (family room, dining room, basement desk and couch, and Addie’s room), but need quiet for tutoring and privacy for most of my other meetings so my room is the best place. At the start of covid I remember feeling like I did not want to attend ward council or church classes in my bedroom because it felt inappropriate, but I got over that real fast. And an explanation because it bothers me, I ordered that piece of art behind my nightstand to go over our bed, but we are dragging our feet on ordering our new mattress and bed frame so I haven’t put it up yet since I don’t know how high our bed frame  will go. 😩

The girls had sign language class tonight. I just noticed her name. She loves the name Serenity. 🤷‍♀️ 

They are kind of awful on Zoom. 😩

I don’t actually know how much they are getting out of this class because they play around a fair bit, but they both seem to enjoy it and the sweet missionary leading it hasn’t said anything. I do redirect them and they are mostly quiet and respectful. 🤷‍♀️

They just play with lots of features and take lots of pictures. Also, may I present Laney’s favorite earrings that bubba gave her for her birthday. They are “around the house” earrings that always manage to present themselves when we have Zoom meetings. 

I went to an online women’s group with DeAnna Murphy. She is presenting for our Women’s Conference and i wanted to see how she runs meetings in real life. I’ve heard her on several podcasts, so I kind of know, but she is a master presenter and the 2 hours went by so fast. We split up into breakout rooms and I got to know my partner Lindsey really well. We could have talked all evening, it was a really great night. Just 24 women, many strangers, there to connect, encourage, learn, and strengthen one another. And this statistic is truly mind blowing. We are so alike and also so unique and we all bring so much value. 

Matt has been studying day and night for a test on Saturday, but after my meeting we decompressed over ice cream and it was a fabulous day. 

No comments: