Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekend

One of my 40 things for my 40th year was to read the Ensign cover to cover every month. I was reading last week and they had a good article on the blessings of sacrificing to attend the temple. I finished reading it and immediately called matt and told him we needed to go to the temple on Saturday. He agreed!

Our house is still about halfway put back together and there are a million projects still needing to be finished, but we decided to put it all on hold and enjoy our temple before it closes for 2 years. 

So we didn’t rush, we just left when we were ready. We got there probs around 11:30 and Matt went in first. The girls and I took my name downstairs to get her baptized and confirmed so I could do the rest. (It was so bright!)

The girls and I played around the visitor center and ate our packed lunch in the truck. Then as soon as matt came out I went in. I finished around 5:30. 

It was so cold!

From the templ we hit up IKEA. Operation making home a heaven on earth is one month down and still very much underway. And we like this backsplash. 

The girls love the playplace there and we were able to shop in peace which was pretty amazing. We bought some shelves to do some lockers in the mud room and struck out on the bookcases we wanted. Which is ok because we don’t have carpet yet and probably won’t until after Presidents’ Day. 

Sunday was the Stake Family history marathon, so I didn’t have early meetings. We prepped dinner before church and I got out the family history stuff mom had left me. We looked through great grandma Mary’s book of catechisms and pictures. Each person was challenged to find at least one name to print for temple ordinances and to help 3 others do the same. 

We had the elders and one of their investigators, Kyle, over for dinner. They requested Panang Curry from my list of dinner suggestions and it turned out even better than last time. This time we added potatoes since we didn’t have green beans or bell peppers and it was yummy! Then we read some scriptures together and talked about the plan of salvation. 

We love Elder Phelps. 💕

After everyone went home and went to bed, matt found his name and I helped him print it - a first cousin two or three times removed. And then it was my turn to find someone. My moms line is from Hungary and Sweden, and it doesn’t go back very far - like only to great-greats. I looked for awhile and compared ancestry to family search, and I was able to find a Swedish couple that has done a ton of work and that we’re distantly related to - sweetness! It’s not perfect, the line I found on family search is super close, I’m sure they’re the same people, but none of the records are in English. Anyways, I printed 15 names of people needing different ordinances. Some were done in SLC in 1958! Well on my way to my goal of 40 names this year!

Today this little piggy came home early from school. But only by about 15 minutes because she didn’t go to the nurse until after recess and I was already at tutoring at 2:00. She doesn’t have a fever and has been fine all evening. Soooo tomorrow’s plans are up in the air. 

But plans for this dudes epic 70th birthday Route 66 road trip are not up in the air. They are formulating and we are excited!!!

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Help!! I'm being forced to start the trip in Chicago! And I CAN'T listen to Talk Radio, either!! Argh!!