Thursday, February 1, 2018

Happy 6th birthday, Delaney!

I love birthdays. I love pampering and spoiling my loves. But they are a whole lot of work. Like so many good things in life, birthdays are wonderful and also hard. Anyway, the day started at 6 with cake making and decorating. Since we already partied, the decorating was minimal - a few balloons blown up (k forgot the helium balloons!)and the birthday banner. Matt volunteered to pick up the donuts. She loved it! And I love that I have one that 95% of the time poses the way I ask her to. 

We blow out as many candles as many times as we can on birthdays.  

I went with the girls to school and volunteered for the second week in Frankie’s class. This time was much less painful, but I also only got to 7 of my little friends because of absences. From there I hustled to McDonald’s for a princess happy meal for the baby of the family and then I came back (10 minutes late for her lunch) to eat with her and help her pass out thin mints. 

My tutoring friend was also sick, so thankfully that was one less place to run. I checked out our new Harris Teeter which is true small town living excitement, and did some couponing, and then snagged my two free cafe rio meals for the day. Then it was a hustle back home for my birthday prep and just in time to pick up girls. 

I had the idea to let D frost her cake and she was so excited! She quickly came up with a pattern and went right to work. She’s the best. 

We had a breakfast dinner with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, strawberries, and oj. We invited the Aina’s and the girls all had fun playing and eating together. And then cake - round 2. 

Their girls had gymnastics, so we quickly tried to take a few pictures which went about as well as you’d think:

That’s probably why I like silly shots so much, because they can do whatever weird stuff they’re already doing and it actually looks cute. 

World’s most awkward hug. These crazies. 



The girls all passed Isla around as much as they could. Needless to say, Isla loves it. 

it was a good birthday for our precious girl. She is so smart and fun and good. She talks all the time, and I love it! I walked her up to Daisey’s today, and she had been eating a bagel. She chatted (and not nonsensically like some other children I know) the whole way there, and when we arrived at the clubhouse and she hadn’t eaten any more of her bagel I said “D, why’d you bring it? I knew you wouldn’t eat it!” She said “I just wanted to chat!” She will tell me every detail about her day, things she said and things others said to her. It’s amazing to have a child that gives so many details willingly and happily! 

I was teasing her about staying about staying home from school with me and she says “I want to go to school, i love to learn!” She’s always thinking, when I tell her stories I can see the wheels turning in her head and her processing. And she repeats things I taught her years ago. 

She’s becoming more friendly and kind. Her edges are softening and I am so thankful. This little sassy lady that used to have attitude 90% of the time, isnjot down to attitude about 20%. She looks for people to help and really wants to choose the right. 

Her favorite song is still I am a Child of God and she sings it when she is angry and scared and sad, and it helps her. 

She’s an amazing reader. It was her to read scriptures tonight, and the sentence said “...whatsoever difficult circumstances..” and she sounded it out for a second and then goes “Washington DC!” It was so funny, we were all cracking up. (probs had to be there)

I could go on and on about this precious baby. I never understood the bond between the youngest and the momma, the total connection, but this little Laney-bug,  baby beluga, this D-money, she has my heart and I am so grateful to be her momma. 💕

No comments: