Monday, February 5, 2018

Concerts, recitals, and Hanukkah

Our ward hosted a Community Christmas Concert again this year. This was our third year doing it, and this was the first year I wasn’t in charge of the food. I loved getting to go and enjoy it! 

It was seriously SO amazing. It makes me so happy to remember. It was like third times a charm and we finally figured it out. 

It was just beautiful, the variety of people that performed. We had a catholic priest, baptists, Unitarians, a gay man, a whole school of  violin students, and of course us lds performers. They had a sing along and the food was delicious and the decorations were amazing and they had a whole huge room of dressup nativity costumes.  

It was seriously amazing. 

And we showed up, helped a little, I gave the opening prayer, and after, we went home. That was kind of amazing too. 

Delaney was throwing a fit at first and wouldn’t get dressed up, but then she was all, I’ll be everyone’s angel! She’s so crazy. 

See? No pouty D. 

We celebrated Hanukkah. At least 1/4 of Hanukkah, which is about my percentage in life. I was ready with gifts and candles and everything, we even learned about it. But then we got busy. Life is cray cray and sometimes 20% is as good as it gets. 

We enjoyed as much as we did!

The girls rocked their Christmas piano recital. I got more pictures, but idk? This was Frankie’s 3rd recital, Addie’s 7th. Addie is getting really good, her piece was really beautiful. Matt and I think it was Carol of the Bells, but who can remember? I just remember it was really impressive for a 9-year-old. 

No comments: