Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life

My thoughts are totally going a mile a minute lately.
A small sampling:

*

Whoever said "Life is like a roller coaster" should win a Nobel Peace Prize. Or something else like that that would be equivalent to an awesome prize for a really great phrase. Cause it's so true.

Life around here has been roller coaster-esque.
Things are finally calming down.
Thankfully.

*

Except Frankie. Oh sweet Frankie.

I guess it's just the way it goes that the kids take turns stressing their parents out. And that girl has got me stressed!
Sometimes she is such a sweet, self-entertaining girl.
But then I try to lay her down to sleep.
And the monster comes out.
She. will. not. nap.
Unless I hold her of course.
This too shall pass, right?!

*

I'll be going back through the camera to try to write about all of our comings and goings that I've missed all this time since my blog hiatus.
Only for me really.
Because I really like that this blog is our family journal.

*

I took a trip down blog memory lane this morning.
That was a roller coaster too.
I loved seeing pictures and videos of the kids as they were smaller.
And then I felt sad that we don't have so many fun adventure trips anymore.

It's a give and take I guess.
And right now the kids take a lot.
and I love it.

*

You know that feeling you get when you check on your kids as they sleep and they are sooo darn cute and quiet and peaceful, and you feel like you are just the luckiest person in the world.
I had that the other night. And then I thought I heard Frankie cry and that sweet feeling was gone just that fast.
So fickle am I.

*

My latest obsessions are garage sales, The Office, and Oga's Chinese food.
LoOoOoVe it!

*

Christmas is coming and I do not feel the least bit of stress that my shopping isn't done and the cookie plans are non-existent. One day at a time, that's my motto lately.

*

I know I've got more jingle-jangling in my head, but it's not that interesting and it keeps saying "Autosave failed" and it's making me nervous.

So for now I'm back to blogging.
Are you excited yet?

Love,

Michelle

4 comments:

The Ainas said...

YAY! :) Ummm have you tried the Moby wrap? You could try wearing Frankie as she sleeps?? I have one if you want to borrow it. Let me know. I should come over someday... so the girls can play, I can hold Frankie (and get my baby fix) and then you can get something done. :) Sound good?

Lana said...

I am excited, and I will eat Oga's with you any day.
I can come hold her too, I am tired of looking at my messes, I'd much rather watch you clean yours:)

Shelly said...

I am sooooo craving chinese food and don't know where there is any good! Do tell!!!

Debby said...

I am excited you are back. I enjoy reading your blog. It is true that life is a roller coaster. Another truism for moms is: As soon as you think you have them figured out, they will change.