Friday, December 10, 2010

Auntie Allie's Visit

My little sister Allie came to visit us at the end of October.
We packed all the kids (+ Sydney) and headed to the airport to pick her up, and then to their favorite place: Washington DC :)
(they say we always go to the same places in DC. I say, I love our visitors and want to spend time with them and I almost always see something new every time I go.)

Here is Allie with her minions.

Addie warmed up to her right away.

Cutie-patooties.
This was right before we went up into the Washington Monument.

After that picture my camera died. :(

Allie's birthday was at the end of October and we celebrated at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.

He deserved it.

Matt told our server, in Spanish, that it was Allie's birthday. She was surprised (and pleased!) when they brought out a giant sombrero and ice cream.

Then they stuck her nose in the Sundae.
It was pretty awesome!

Addie did not love the hat.

Christian didn't mind it though.


After the dinner that night we went out to Point Lookout for a Haunted Tour.
After our trip to Sleepy Hallow last year I really wanted to plan another fun Halloween'ish trip.
I wanted to go to Salem because they do a huge Halloween event, but I didn't realize it's like a 7 hour drive. :(
Maybe next year.
The Point Lookout Tour was okay, but I wouldn't do it again.

Before she left we went for a sisters lunch over on Solomons Island.
I love it there!

The obligatory self-portrait.

I'm so bad at these!

Allie could get Addie to do anything by bribing her with the I-phone.
Addie was getting whiny because it was nap time so Allie let her watch Dora until we got our food. Allie taught her how to hold out her hands to hold it and how to use it.
Pretty funny.


When Allie's around we always have to get haircuts.
Poor Addie had a total mullet so I asked Allie to try to even it out a little bit.
She wasn't happy about her haircut until Allie gave her the phone.

My sweet brown-eyed girl.
Who usually has a rash around her mouth.

Concentrating on her programs.

And the almost finished product.

I had so much fun with Allie!
She lived with us for a few years when we lived in Seattle.
And since we had a super tiny two-bedroom apartment we were very close.
Like, share a bed close.
And then she moved out and shortly after that we moved away. So it was really neat to re-connect and spend some quality time (10 whole days!) with her.
And we can't wait until she moves to New York!!!

1 comment:

big henna said...

oh little sisters of mine, next time we are all together, your big sister will teach you how to do a decent self portrait.