Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Par-tay!

It seems like every December we have Christmas parties that overlap and we're left to pick and choose which to go to.
But this year we didn't have any overlapping!
And we had so many fun parties to go to, we are so blessed!
December has been a fun and busy month with parties and visiting with friends.

Our first party was a kids party for Matt's Navy job.
We've never gone to one before because the big kids were too big and the little kids too little.
But now that Addie's starting to understand Christmas we decided to take her, and it was so cute! At the last minute I decided to make Alexis and Christian come with us and I'm so glad I did. We actually had a really nice talk in the car. They are good stuff, those big kids.

Me and my baby.
LoVe.

Matt helping Addie make her ornament.

She loved it!

They also had a bouncy house that she loved.


The kids waiting to see Santa.
Addie was the 2nd to last kid called.
It was a loooong wait.

Frankie wasn't sure about sitting with all those kids.

Aaaand she's done.

Addie loved Santa!
Thinking of what she wants for Christmas.

Santa came through with a fun Dora toy.

I had to make the big kids go get a picture for me.
I don't know why because they know that as long as they live with me they will get pictures with Santa and the Easter Bunny.
Period.

Matt and I getting some Santa love.

The party was held in their hangar and it was f-f-freezing.
But Matt got to show us around, so it was okay.
It's fun to go to Daddy's work.

That night was the adult party, which we usually don't go to either.
It was held at a Navy Club with a big dining hall and then a game room. So after dinner we played shuffle board (love it!) and darts (love it more!). We danced to the Electric Slide, stuffed ourselves with a yummy dinner, and had a wonderful time.
AND I was the first prize winner of the night!
I won a gift card for 2 to Medieval Times.
I've already been there twice, and last April we took the whole family, but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?!

(before I put on lipstick apparently!)

The next week we went to a fun party at our friend Alecia's house. It was a White Elephant and our gift (a rockin' pink Snuggie) was the hit of the party. There was good food and fun friends and I forgot my camera, of course.

The very next night was Matt's regular work party.
Extreme close up.

Ha ha, I like how Lexi cut our heads off!

Matt had come to me a few weeks ago asking for cans that he could take to work for a canned food drive. I had just gotten a screamin good deal on veggies at Target so I gave him 10, and in return he got 2 raffle tickets.

So at his party, before they started giving the prizes, they drew the raffle tickets, and guess who won? The very first prize of the night! My hubs.
He won an I-Pad!!!
A 32 gb I-Pad with case.
Merry Christmas to you, my love.
Merry Christmas to you.

His work kids party was next (no camera) and then our ward Christmas party (no camera).
Last week we were blessed to spend 3 nights with friends (no camera, no camera, and no camera).
It's hard being away from our families at Christmas time and I am so thankful for such good friends that can be our family here.
We really are so blessed.

1 comment:

auntie amy said...

my nieces are so brave with santa! i think that means they're baby geniuses.