Friday, December 15, 2023

The White House

Adi’s hospitality class had a field trip to the White House and I got to go again. After a quick McDonald’s stop we hit the White House museum. 

It’s small but interesting. -Adi shot

Then we waltzed over to the White House and went through like 10 security checkpoints. 

They made it look like the tree was going through the roof, so cool!

It was super cold, like I don’t even know if it got to 40° that day. 

Looking up at the tree going through the roof. 

My wonderful Adi. ❤️

When you request a White House tour you just get what you get, and I’m so thrilled we got a Christmas trip!

It. Was. So. Cool. 

Gold star tree. ⭐️ 

I loved looking out the windows and thinking about all the important people that have been there and seen that same view. 

We went through super slowly and oohed and aahed at everything. 

Everyone was asked to dress business casual and those kids looked sharp. 

I took a million pictures and sorry, not sorry, here they all are. 



There was a large group of all different foreign military big wigs. I made a friend and she told me they are allies who work in Washington and had always wanted to see the WH.  

Adi ❤️ all libraries. 



Michelle ❤️. I think it’s kind of funny that you’ll never find a Michelle at an elementary school. My name had its heyday in the 70’s/80’s and that’s where it dies. 

Adi was a good sport about all my pictures. 



















Adi art. 



















I told her she should ask to play a quick song and this gorgeous piano. I’d be so obnoxious if I had any talents. That’s probably why I don’t. 🤣

The Grand Staircase, where the first family makes an entrance during dinner parties/state events. 









Zelensky’s motorcade was going by just as we were leaving. The friendly secret service guys told us that. 



They had another event, so they hustled us out a little. 



It was so amazing to be there and I’m so grateful for this amazing place we live. 

Adi art. 

The bus stopped at chickfila on the way home so we got home around 4:30. I quickly made 4 batches of my new favorite chocolate chip cookies for staff appreciation and everyone fended for themselves. 

Matt was super sick all day, so my momming solo duties continued with delaneys ballet, then while she was there Adi wanted to go to Ross where she covertly bought me a gift (she’s the sweetest) and I went for a walk. I was sad to see that my Drink Bank future business has been made into a real bank again. I snooze I lose. 


1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Wow!! What an EPIC adventure!!LTB