Monday, December 18, 2023

Nutcracker

Frankie went to a little party at Madison’s Friday night. They decorated cookies and did a scavenger hunt and had a good time. I loooove her little group of friends, they’re all sweet girls.  

Friday night also brought the start of our Nutcracker weekend. D and I met up with Alecia and her girls and headed down to St. Marys college to their swanky new performing arts center.

It was so fun and the girls did such a good job! 

Delaney loved it, no nerves, just fun. She wished she could be on stage more. 

For the Saturday matinee I volunteered to be a ticket scanner. Volunteers get to buy tickets early, so it was worth it. I had bought a ticket for the matinee, but was pretty sure I could just sneak in the back, so Matt came with us and he took my seat and then I sat to the side. 

We took Emma and Lily down with us and then Emma came home with us between shows. They ate and rested and it was a nice little 2 hour break. I even offered to let them take their buns out and that I would redo them, but they didn’t. (thankfully 🤣)

Our whole family and Darrow’s whole family went to the evening performance. We saw lots of friends from church, school, and LG too. It’s a fun community event. 

Delaney is just in ballet 2, so her part was teeny tiny, but it was so fun seeing her. 

I had told her where we’d be sitting and she asked me to lightly wave to her and she spotted me right away.

Ballet Caliente has got this show locked down, it’s really kind of a well oiled machine, at least from a ballet 2 mom perspective. 

Delaney wished she could be a mouse, their part was really cute. But Christmas tree magic was not the worst second choice. White girls can jump 👇🏻 

I hope she’ll continue with dance. I’ve always wanted my kids to find a sport they love and excel in, and so far that hasn’t happened. I’m 0 for 5. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe Lexi would like coaching cheer now, but by senior year she wasn’t into it. And Christian kind of liked running, though I doubt he’d do it if the Army didn’t make him. 







Another nice thing is that the show was short and sweet, 2 hours and that includes a 15 minute intermission. Not enough time to be bored, and the dancers were all so great!

She was supposed to be looking at the program. 

Matt had the idea to make her a candy bouquet, so I looked up ideas and made her one. 

After the Saturday matinees she did comment that it would be nice to get flower. I asked if this bouquet was good enough and she said yes, she was happy. 

It was cold cold outside, so quick hugs and pictures. 

And just like that, Nutcracker weekend was over. It was fabulous! I saw all 3 shows and while I thought it might be a little much, it was great!

On our way home we stopped by Walmart and let everyone pick out a frozen dinner for Sunday night, gassed up the jolly green giant, and were officially ready for a Christmas adventure!

No comments: