Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Moving and the Titanic

My friend Michelle is moving into Clark’s Rest, but her house is really in LG, and Tracie and I went and helped her unpack one day. Her family has been through a tough time lately, and it was nice to spend the morning working together. I tried to help her get rid of some boxes with this pic. πŸ‘‡πŸ» 

That night we went up to national harbor to see the titanic exhibit there.

We were reminded that we love spending time there and that was a sure cause of my mistaking the boat parade location on Saturday. 😭

We caught a beautiful sunset as we walked around before our exhibit time. 

The titanic was sort of part of a Christmas gift, but that always ends up feeling weird to be like, remember that thing we did last month?

That is an almost retired (reserve) sailor standing next to that sailor. 😍

So stately, so poised. 

Matt “take a picture! Does I look like he just hit me in the face?” 😭

Oh good, he recovered. 

Ready to board the ship! Or leave the dining room I guess. 

It was cool, we each had headphones and they guided you around different artifacts and pictures. 

She really stayed in character all day. 

I went to a museum on a field trip with Adi the other day and I was super underwhelmed. It was one I’d wanted to go to for awhile and I’ve been thinking about why I didn’t love it, and I think it was a lack of things like this 3rd class room, where you can almost imagine yourself climbing onto one of the bunks. It’s been on my mind a lot. 

Then it was time for 1st class. There’s a first time for everything I guess! 

We went to an exhibit years ago and I remember the iceberg. 

I also remembered them giving us a card with a real passenger on it and by the end you get to figure out if your passenger survived. I had told the girls about that, but since this exhibit didn’t do that, when we got to the car I found a random titanic passenger generator online and assigned everyone. Matt’s passenger was a worker, so he was the only one that didn’t survive. Frankie was the Ida Straus’ maid, so she thought she was pretty cool. 

The next day Matt and I checked a lingering item off our to do list, we finally got the space car licensed in Maryland. It took several trips and many hours, but we got it done. And we were so thrilled to have it done that we didn’t notice our new plates till we were already in the car. 666. 😩

No comments: