Thursday, December 21, 2023

Sickie

Delaney and then Matt had pretty good colds at the beginning/middle of December, but I thought I’d beaten it. I guess the stress of the basement plus being wet and freezing all day Tuesday have brought me to full cold’dom. I’m taking advantage of having nothing on my plate today to do nothing. This was formerly a cookie baking day and will still be a hot chocolate stand day - thankfully I was extra prepared and mixed up all the hot chocolate weeks ago. 

Yesterday I organized the staging areas, got girls to vacuum carpet fluff from the basement and driveway (I went in after and got the rest), and then the girls and I went through all the art desk stuff and organized, recycled, donated, and threw away. Our art desk went through the last flood with us and now it’s seen its last flood. It’s warped and gross, so it’s gone. And yay for us, we get to figure out something new. 

Delaney and friends set up a gift exchange at church and were planning to swap gifts on Christmas Eve, but since not everyone was included we thought it was better to get them together ahead of time. This was supposed to happen Tuesday, but flood. Anyways, Frankie had a scavenger hunt planned for them and they couldn’t mess up the basement any more than it was already messed up, so we had everyone come over. And I took one picture. I had finally laid down for a nap about an hour before everyone came over so during drop offs I was tired and disoriented. 🤣 Anyways, they are cute and had a good time. 

My 50 lb. bag of rice got wet and started getting stinky. I debated using the top 1/2 of it, but decided just to toss the whole thing to be safe. Darkness. Sadness. 

Today I’ve napped off and on. I’ve given my family hot chocolate stand instructions and I’m planning on sitting with them like the Queen of Sheba. It’s hard to do when there are things to be done, but I don’t want to get anyone sick. Even though everyone’s kind of passing everything around anyway we’ve already got $20 heading into hot chocolate night, so we’re excited!

No comments: