Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Daddy’s home

13 years ago. Fuzzy, but look at that square headed baby!

Sunday was wonderful. I went to Pax/LP and both wards were great. Because Matt was out of town, Tony took the girls home and in the interim the girls had fun with Ezra. 

So pretty. So normal. 

Matts had this electric snap circuit kit for years and Delaney found it and has been non-stop. She’s got such a brain for science and elctrical… stuff. We watched one of my favorites The Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever and it was a lovely Sunday. 

We’ve got enough candles under our belts that we can full on candlelight dinners now. 

And now that he is home, I can say that Matt’s been out of town since November 30th. He was able to visit Vietnam with his dad and brother, kind of a dream trip for him. 
He looked and looked for nativity for me, but it’s tough when they don’t really celebrate Christmas so no luck. 

It’s a beautiful country and has fully recovered. 

They went to Da Neng, Hanoi, and Hoi An, and while they were all great, they really liked Hoi An. 

Mike got a whole suit custom made and Matt got a belt and shoes. So cool!

They ate lots of spaghetti for brekkie. Feels very Elf to me, sans maple syrup, I guess. 

The girls and I had a good time during our girl time, but it felt like he was gone for a really long time. It was stormy all day Sunday, so I waited up for him and we caught up till way too late. It’s good to have him home!

We had a surprise 2 hour delay because it snowed! Huge surprise! It’s holiday spirit week and Monday was crazy sock and hat day at the middle school and Laney went all out. Adi was either pajama or holiday plaid and she took part also, but I missed a pic. 

I had a day-o-ministering set up that got pushed back a little because of the delay. I met with my secretary and 2 President’s. I have little gifts for them and wanted to have a RS style personal priesthood interview. It’s tiring, but so uplifting to meet with these ladies. 

Matt worked from home, mostly on military retirement and changing medical insurance stuff. His end of service date is 12/19, and we checked several times to make sure we’d have our medical insurance till that day, which we were assured we were, it’s in writing so why would they change anything? Because. That’s why. For some reason they arbitrarily cut our medical 11/29, even though I spoke to 2 different people from 2 different institutions and they assured me on 11/27. Of course I took Adi for her checkup on the 30th. 😩 Anyways, lots of calls later, I think we’ve got that covered and medical insurance lined up with his full time gig, to the tune of 4x what our tricare used to be. We’re learning a lot!

I ordered our new family pictures for ‘23 and also ‘22 which I somehow missed. I added both to our family wall and also forgot a shot of our new pic. 

Poor Adi threw up at school, it’s going around the county, so she missed our piano recital last night. She was heartbroken. 😂

Delaney played God rest ye merry gentlemen and Frankie played Last Christmas and … another song. 

They both did well and it was fun to see all the kids and how they’ve progressed. 

This morning Adi is feeling better and we’re on our way to the White House with her tech center class. All the kids had to dress business casual and they look so sharp. We popped over to McDonald’s on our way up. 

And look who else is visiting the White House today! Holla!

Also, this happened last night. 🤓






No comments: