Sunday, December 3, 2023

National harbor and thanksgiving

We spent 2 hours at National Harbor last night. I found parking on the street so it was only $6, Yahtzee! 

After playing on this Delaney was filthy. And she tore a hole in her booty, but her undies had gotten stained from sliding down, so you really couldn’t tell. Her hands, feet, even parts of her face were gross and gray. 

These two meandered and chatted. 

We watched the Christmas tree light show. 

And it was even better than last time we were there because it snowed!

So fun and festive. 

You can see her dirty hands. 

We had walked up this walkway last month (blog to come) and the girls wanted to walk up again. We ❤️ Rosie the Riveter. 

We walked all the way up the hill and grabbed a picture with the tree up there. For as busy as national harbor was, just up the hill was totally dead. 

Delaney wanted a picture in the Liberty Chair. 



These crazies are so fun. 

It was so misty and foggy all day yesterday, you couldn’t even see the buildings nearby. 

Adi is always quickly kissing Delaney, so I thought d kissing adi was funny. 

It wasn’t till we walked back in the pier that I noticed the National Harbor sign above Adi’s head. 🤷‍♀️

And finally, a cupola. 😍 the drive home was an easy hour and it was a fun and simple evening. 

Adi and I twinned at church today. She’s so relieved to check 3 songs off her practice schedule. She said it was her worst day organ’ing, but since it was only her 3rd day, she’s fine. It was a little slow and she stopped all together once, but I’m so grateful she gets to practice these skills with a ward that’s known her forever and loves her. 

Our slightly tilting tree with the big lights I bought yesterday I love it. 

And these wreaths Darlaina gave me 5+ years ago that I finally put up the way I like. It all makes me so happy. We had family reading hour and it’s a rainy Sunday. 

And let’s start our thanksgiving day memories. Dan and Chantell came that afternoon. This was our first year roasting our turkey because it was too big for our fryer, so that was a little learning curve remembering to put everything in the oven when the turkey was done.

Matt and Frankie made macaroni and cheese and Dan and Delaney made the mashed potatoes. Adi had already made the rolls and she’s an amazing bread maker! Much better than me.  

Dan got artistic. 



Delaney wanted to be v v fancy, so she borrowed a tie from Matt. 😂🤷‍♀️

Evan and Rye arrived and it was full time thanksgiving mode!

More of Dans creativity. We slathered our turkey with butter inside and out, and it was actually very good. 

Thanksgiving dinner is not my favorite, but I do like it once or twice a year and it was all very delicious.  

I was thinking about how through the years I’ve honed what Matt and I like (the girls are still lame eaters) and we have our special recipes. Here we’ve got Amy’s stuffing, Jolene’s corn, Laura’s sweet potatoes, and a new one for this year, Dans cranberry relish. It had me at horseradish. ❤️

More thanksgiving 2023 to come. 

1 comment: