Sunday, December 10, 2023

Past, Maryland, Montana, and Florida

11 years ago yesterday! The furniture and paint are gone, the lamp and Christmas stuff and baby are still here. 

Adi asked if she could cut bangs, and I am fully supportive of this right of passage. She actually did a good job, but she cut a little too much and it ended up looking a little mullety. So on our way to the Christmas party we swung by the hair cuttery, dropped her off, dropped the other girls at church, then picked Adi up. They got her all fixed up and actually cut her hair dry since she was heading right to the party and it looks really cute. She was bummed that no one noticed, but such is the plight of women everywhere. And all’s well that ends well in the bang cutting era. 

Lexi sent this and asked why the boys are such stinkers. As a Mimi now I just love their fun little personalities shining through. I love watching the littles at church acting a fool too, it’s such a different perspective from this vantage point. And look at these tall boys! They’re getting so big!

Christian and Jeanne, the new Alabama residents went down to visit the Davis’s for Zach’s graduation. Dari was texting me and then Jared shared a bunch of pictures, so that’s been fun to follow along all weekend. 

Saturday brought nutcracker practice, dollar tree for piano recital poster board, Sally’s because somehow we have like 10 conditioners and zero shampoo, a run, laundry, Adi made hot chocolate cookies and actually thanked me for teaching her how to cook❤️, then Frankie helped chop ingredients for cranberry dip. I woke up with my trigger finger hand hurting and pretty useless. I iced it and took ibuprofen and did my best not to use it and thankfully it feels better this morning. Not perfect, but better. So that’s a fun new thing, old injuries acting up. 

Anyway, we got to the Christmas party early so the kids could run through the nativity and it was bringing Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever vibes. 

Alecia and I saw these when we were shopping and decided yolo!

Alecia put together a wonderful Christmas party talent show. I’m not actually the biggest fan of talent shows, but this one had a lot of variety and the ward was so supportive and into it that it was really fun. I loooooove when we cheer each other on and encourage each other and also when we’re vulnerable. It was a beautiful night. And we had appetizers and dessert which are two of my favorite things. 

Delaney is interesting in what she chooses to throw herself into. She was all in on the nativity. She memorized her lines and was v v theatrical. 

At the end they all sang We wish you a merry Christmas, Nola and Tim did such a good job with the kids! This is not a tradition my family ever did and I don’t really understand the allure of acting it all out, but I can appreciate it. 

Ellie and Ezra did a cute dance to a children’s show? I’m unclear on the cartoon, or the characters, but they got allll the kids involved and it was really cute. See all the fun variety!?

I grabbed Adeline at the end of the night for another twinning shot. What can I say, I love twinning. 

And it’s always a good time for a Kinney photo bomb!

Truer words were never spoken. 👇🏻

Buttttt, I’m 99.9% sure that I’m done. It was like, December 8th when I looked at all my lists and all my notes and called it. Feels soooo good! Especially because next week is gonna be bananas. B-a-n-a-n-a-s! (Sung to the tune of Hollaback Girl) Banaynays, but fun. Let’s go!