Sunday, December 17, 2023

Pta’ing and stuff

Wednesday brought our big staff appreciation Christmas lunch. This is my third time doing staff appreciation and I’ve done it every other year. We’ll see if I can bring myself to do 2 years in a row next year. 

I took the girls to school at 7 and just stayed all day. Dominique and Evelyn met me there and were super helpful. Then Ashlee came after Duke’s drop off, so it was like a little party all day. 

We kept things rotated and tidied throughout the day. 



Great shot of me bending over. 

We had a toooon of donated side dishes, appetizers, desserts, and drinks and then the school provided meats from Mission BBQ. I want it to be really fun and special for the staff, so I like a big variety. 

Since I’ve done it so many years I’ve gotten better and we even had Christmas music playing low in the background. It was a really nice day.

Delaney came to hang out after school, Frankie forgot and rode the bus home, and she packed up a plate of goodies to take home. It was 3:00 by the time I got everything cleaned up and put away. 

Then Delaney had an extra Nutcracker practice from 4-6, and I was finally able to sign her up for a makeup lesson from 6-7. Then the big girls had a temple trip, so we quickly packed dinners, dropped D off, then dropped girls off. Off to Aldi, then home to check on my sickie. Matt slept so much, he was sick sick sick. 

The girls fav pictures. 

Bishop Wiest sent a nice note and this picture. We’re so blessed. 

On Thursday I was able to meet with my 2 counselors and 2 more presidents. Susanne just returned from Germany and gave me this beautiful plate of goodies. Magda made me a sweet bracelet and pair of earrings. If was a very uplifting and edifying day. We had a zoom presidency meeting thrown in the middle of those visits, and since I was close’ish I popped into the stake center for that call. 

I made it home with just enough time to get dinner and take Delaney to ballet. Happily busy week. 

My dad got a new phone and sent me his old one. Yay for me! I am going to be sooooo safe with this one. Although I’ve had it about a week and I’m on my 2nd screen protector. what is my problem?

I was excited for a morning at home on Friday!

No comments: