Thursday, December 7, 2023

Change of plan

I was supposed to go to the Richmond temple with Chantel yesterday, but Delaney wasn’t feeling well and after brekkie and getting all dressed she felt nauseous and like she couldn’t go to school. She laid right down in her bed and slept for 2 hours, then stayed in her bed reading the rest of the day. I just didn’t feel good about leaving her and being so far away and where I couldn’t be reached. Throwing up on your own is the worst. 

And another upside - I finished my whole to do list, which I know isn’t the most important thing, but still pretty satisfying. 

Anyways she felt good enough to join us for dinner. Every night we pick a new name of Jesus and light our candles and talk about Him. We have been very on top of all our advent calendars, it’s fun going through them all each day. 

For Young Women they made blankets. Frankie picked a super soft fleece and decided to make the large blanket. Sarah sent a Frankie burrito shot. 😂

Catching up… Ashlee talked me into staff appreciation at the middle school and asked if I just wanted to do what she was doing and I was like yes, definitely. I’ve been momming for 27 years and I do not need to reinvent any wheels there. So a caffeine and chocolate bar it was! 

I am doing a huge Christmas luncheon (next week actually) so I didn’t want to ask for any donations, which meant I had a lot to buy and it was expensive so I bought ingredients and baked a ton. 

I did 4 batches of Brooki’s Bakehouse giant chocolate chip cookies and now that’s my new cookie recipe. I’ve seen her on Facebook and wanted to make them for awhile. They are really good and everyone loved them! For home evening the day before we dipped chocolate pretzels, Oreos, and strawberries, and baked double chocolate muffins. It was fun and I loved that we did it as a family. 

Emmi the artist sent us a picture. 

And adi responded with this beauty. She’s hilarious. 

Sister whitehead came to church one day with a beautiful flat bun, so when she came over the next day I made her show me how. I think my version came out pretty good. Not perfect, but I was proud of myself. 

I spied a Laney-bug on the Ballet Caliente website for spirit week. 

And finally, I don’t know why I think this is so funny. Just spangle them! Spangle!



No comments: