Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Polar bear plunge

Amy’s crew has been polar bear plunging on New Year’s Day for the last few years so we decided to give it a go. I couldn’t find any nearby for New Year’s Day, so we did our own. We went down to Newtowne Neck in our suits and with our towels ready for action. 
I’m not sure 60° qualifies as polar bear. It was a cold 60°, so maybe polar bear’ish. It was also sprinkling when we started, and full on cold raining by the time we left, so that made things colder. 

We held hands and ran in. I got to my waist and went in and out twice. 

Matt dipped to his chest once and then went all the way under his second go round. 

Papa outdid us all as he stayed in the water. We all cheered and cheered. It was definitely impressive!

Max also fully dunked his second go round. Then we grabbed our stuff and ran back to our cars. The girls took a group shower in our big shower and everyone else took turns. It was fun and I’d def do it again!

No comments: