Thursday, February 16, 2017

Valentines edition

Today was a nice slow day. I kept Addie home for half the day, mostly because it hadn't quite been 24 hours since her antibiotics had started, but also to ease her back into school. After i dropped Delaney jr and Delaney sr (what all the pre-k moms said about seeing Addie and Delaney together since they look so much alike) I went out to help Mary move. She asked for help buying her trailer instead, so I went with her and we had a nice visit. 

We've been working a with Frankie a ton, which I'll explain later, but it takes up a huge portion of our after school. Thankfully it's going well and I don't dread it, as I sometimes do with things like that. Ads had gymnastics, and then we took franks to drop off Girl Scout cookies. 

Matt rearranged some leftover chicken and we called it dinner. and it was tasty. 

But more interestingly, valentines. Or really not very interestingly, since we didn't do much. But any-hizzle. We did all of our traditional valentines stuff. 

14 days, decorations, and a valentines dinner. Most things were pretty pared down, for example, valentines dinner was just heart shaped pasta and on the night before valentines. But whateva, right?
 
Super fancy. 
 
The one and only picture I took of the Valentine's Day party I organized for frankies class. It was fun and went well and it's over. All good things!
 
Checking out the loot. We phoned it in this year and bought valentines, but we decided to go big on those and do rice crispy treats for F and D, and Fun Dip for A. Everyone was just as happy as they would have been had we done something super cute. Except me. 
 
 
 
14th day scavenger hunt! The prize was the Trolls movie and a mid-week movie night. They all loved it and I believe I was the "best mom ever," for a few minutes. 
 
Brenna came over to drop off Christians gift for us, or for me realt. Super yummy smelling bath bombs, and I'm excited to use them! He also asked that we buy some roses since he'd forgotten to send her some, so Frankie did the honors. 
 
And that wraps up our super low key valentines 2017. 💕

No comments: