Friday, February 17, 2017

Family home movie night

Our Friday tradition, now that we don't have big kids at home to take us away from home, is to have a pizza/movie night. We've watched several classic movies, and it's a fun time to relax together. The girls get super excited about it too. Laney kept saying "it's almost time for family home movie night!" Tonight we watched "Honey, we shrunk ourselves," fun even though it was pretty horribly made. 

Dari came over this morning to talk welfare, we met up with Beth to deliver Girl Scout cookies, dropped D at school, and then off to lunch with neighbor Kim. We went to a new restaurant downtown leonardtown called Jenny's Kitchen and got noodle bowls that were very tasty. Then after school it was nice, so we met up with Darlaina's crew at the park where the girls played until my foot got numb, about 2 hours. And I didn't take a single picture. 

And the catch-up portion:

Addie had started to feel sick after church on Sunday and layed around miserable the rest of the day. Monday morning we headed straight to the dr. 
 
She had a fever of 101.8 which would be why she was so miserable. 


 
Little sister had fun at least. 
 
The only good thing about having a little sick Addie home all week was that I had to stay home, so I made the most of it and was super productive. I'm on week 2 of keeping up with my daily job chart perfectly and I'm excited to keep it going. It's a 4 week chart that repeats, so in theory as I complete it more regularly it should get easier and not take as long. Cause a lot of my jobs this week took a really long time because they haven't been done in a really long time. This was one of my favorite accomplishments:
 
That's a very clean, organized, and pared down little linen/medicine cabinet. I got rid of medicines, sheets, and towels and it felt really really good. 

I also talked to lu this week. I talk to her every week, but this week she shared some new things going on with her. She's working at a nursing home, basically doing the job of a cna, but without the certification. Her employer will pay for half of the cost for her to become certified and she's thinking about it. She feels like she's not great with blood, but she's giving insulin shots already. She makes dinner (!), bathes, changes, and puts the residents to bed. She has one woman that is close to death and she is nervous about having to deal with her death, but I was able to testify to her of the sacredness of serving someone that has passed on, of how thin the veil is when one is near death, and how dressing and tending to them is one of the last earthly services they'll ever receive, and that is a sacred trust. I am so impressed with her! Little Lexi-lu is growing up. 

No comments: