Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Today and D's first dance

Today was another good day. Busy and good. Amanda texted this morning that she was sick, so since I had a cancelled presidency meeting on my hands, I texted Joni to see if we could finally come over and deliver her RS baby gift. Baby Sydney is soooo sweet and precious. I cuddled her while Joni did dishes and we got a nice visit. She's also our newest RS teacher, so we chatted about that. 

After I ran D to school I resumed my cleaning schedule. It keeps me busy but feels so good! Then a visit with Kelsie and off to pick little girls up from school. 

We quickly (I don't think the girls have ever eaten so quickly!) ate dinner and headed to the pool. I was saying something about how I won't swim if the water is cold and Delaney said "but mommy you never swim," and I decided that no matter what my happy booty was getting in that water. She even asked that I come down and model my bathing suit before I get dressed to leave. So I did and she said I looked great. I just love that girl and would do pretty much anything for her, including modeling a swimsuit. 

Then it was off to make all the girls February dreams come true. If only the pool didn't cost $5 per person we might go there more often. It was super fun and to my delight the water was not cold. Yay! Since I was swimming though I didn't take any pictures. Boo!

From the pool I came home got dressed -no time to shower because I mismanaged some time and then ran into a chatty neighbor, gross I know - and headed to Johnna's for our Additional Relief Society Meeting of the month. It was called It's All About Love, and it was so good. Really a wonderful evening, I loved it! Cute Johnna hosted and presented, and she started with a Dr. Phil clip, so I knew it was bound to be good!
 
And back to 2 fridays ago. Actually before that. So every year our school has a talent show, and one of Laney's 4 pre-k princess friends moms texted our princess swap group to see if the little girls could do a dance together. At first Laney was super excited. Then we went to Florida, and since the talent show was coming up fast, the other girls rehearsed without Lanes. And then, not really because they'd rehearsed without her, she decided she didn't want to do it after all. So we talked and bribed and cajoled and she finally decided she'd be in the show. And she LOVED it! She's a natural!
 
She loved the dress rehearsal the day before, so she was super excited for the show. 
 
These little sassies are a handful!
 
And D is the only brunette!
 
They didn't really have a clue what they were doing onstage, I think partly because we had one of the girls sisters up there "directing" them, so they never quite had to memorize their parts. 
 
They were super adorable though! Just look at that girl loving the stage!
 
Laney was totes letting it go! They danced to Frozen, of course. 
 
Laney didn't want to stop! I think this was when the music finished and she was like, I want to keep dancing!
 
 It was so cute and I'm so happy that she had fun with it. I'm glad it wasn't a miserable thing. Happy girl = happy momma!

Afterwards we went with the Streeter's to Sweet Frog to celebrate our tiny dancer. 
 
And just for the record, Addie and Frankie were going to do a dance as well, but with us being gone for a week to Disney right before the show it just didn't work out. Next year!

No comments: