Monday, February 27, 2017

Adventures

We got as far as bringing the St. Patrick's Day decoration bin out, and D enjoyed looking through things, but that's as far as it got. She's a precious little nerd though. 
 
I had a fun adventure this morning. I squeezed my size 4 wedding ring onto my non-size 4 ring finger. Things were ok at first, but after Delaney and I did a load of laundry my fingers started to warm up and swell. D and I were playing the Princess Cupcake game and I had to take a break to soap my finger, but the ring wasn't budging. Next I soaked my hand in ice water for 30 minutes, but nope.  
I finally googled how to get a ring off and the floss/ribbon trick was on. First I tried the ribbon. You slide the ribbon underneath your ring, then use it to wrap your finger above the ring all the way past the knuckle. Then you pull up on the ring side of the ribbon and it's supposed to slowly twist the ring up. I just couldn't quite get it with one hand. I couldn't hold the ribbon or floss taut and the more I messed with it, the more swollen my poor fat finger got. 
 
Delaney enjoyed documenting our adventure. She took lots of pictures, but in most I had at least 2 chins, so no thank you. 
 
I finally called laura and headed over there. It took awhile and she wasn't so sure we could get it. But little by little it came up. We had to re-wrap my finger several times mid ring coming up. Once we'd gotten it to halfway between the base of my finger and the knuckle I switched to soap and water. Lots of tugging and pulling and finally it came off! My finger was in a bad way. I am so fun. 
 
Delaney the dirt girl played outside at Laura's. She threw sawdust and was happy as a clam. Not as happy was this momma that got to extracate said sawdust. 
 
We had piano today and the girls picked their recital pieces. The 2 girls that aren't in lessons love playing outside while we wait. It makes lessons so much more enjoyable because I don't have to worry about entertaining them. I made crockpot pinto beans and cornbread for dinner (meatless Monday!) and then we talked about manners for fhe. Delaney picked Girl Scout cookies as the treat and we played Walk the Dog for our Activity. And it was a good fhe! Yay and hooray! We needed that. 
 
Addie and I had a long talk about scorpions and rattlesnakes and anxiety and why her sweet little self couldn't sleep until midnight last night. Oh my sweet little tender artist. She is a different breed and I just pray she knows her worth. She's read 6 Series of Unfortunate Events books in the last 4 days. She is happiest when she's snuggled up with a book. And I love that about her. 

Matt and I are still enjoying Thr Crown on Netflix before bed every night. It's super well done and the royal family has always been so interesting to me. So despite the adventure and all the to-do list items that didn't get done, it was a good day. 

No comments: