Thursday, February 23, 2017

Daffodils bloom

Oh glorious warm day! 75 degrees! In February! So very nice and we are enjoying every minute of it!
 
We went vt'ing this morning, and while we waited for Darlaina I took pictures. I'm in love. 
 
This shifty look kills me!
 
I rarely let her bring any toys with us, but lately she hasn't been thrilled about playing with kids so much younger than her, so it was kind of a compromise. 

She also asked everyone she saw "does it look like I just got out of ballet class?" because of her cute bun and her "I love to twirl" dress. 

Miss Addie stayed after school for Spanish. When the little girls and I walked home we came upon daffodils already bloomed! I hope we don't have another frost that kills everything!
 
Laney begged for a breakfast dinner tonight because "we haven't had one in sooo long!" So we did. I took Addie to gymnastics and then Frankie to Daisies. I'm the Troop money manager and it's cookie season, so busy, busy, busy! One of the moms that subs a lot at the school told me that Addie brings her book to lunch and reads whenever she can, and how great she thought that was. I think it's great too, but I worry about her socially. I wish she had at least 1 good friend. And then there's Frankie, who, as we walk says hello to everyone we see, and they're all her friends. Delaney says hello to everyone too. From teenage boys to grandpas walking dogs, she's super friendly as well. 

The rest of the catch up days were normal. Pta meetings,  presidency meetings, visits, half days of school, lessons, just general life busy-ness. And Laney fed her baby Ruby some bacon. 
 
This is the week that was warm one minute, then snowing the next. Literally. It was windy and rainy and all over the place. I saw this on fb and thought it was funny!

 
On Saturday (Feb 4)  we went to yet another birthday party. Our first ever at Black Belt Academy, and it was super fun! Addie had mentioned before this that she would like to try BBA next year, so I guess we shall see. I've always tried to give my kids the freedom to try any sport they wanted, so I guess BBA is no different. They each got to break a board. Here is addie (in the turquoise) getting ready to kick hers. 
 
And Frankie breaking hers. 
 
And then Laney playing the 'grab the ballon and sit on it to pop it game.'
 
Everyone had a good time and A and D were so happy to be able to participate. 

On wear red for heart awareness day we wore some red! Mrs. G put this one up on dojo. Cute sisters. 
 
Some 14 days of valentines fun. 
 
The girls loved finding surprises in their mailboxes each day. Notice I didn't say morning. Some days they got their gifts right before bed, and some days the next day. But they got their 14 days doggonit!
 
And a photo shoot:
 
Break for kisses. 
 
Love Frankie's face. 
 
And mama and her baby. 
 

No comments: