Monday, January 4, 2016

Worries, and teeth, and hotels

I heard on the radio that the first day back to school/work in January has been proven to be the most depressing/worst day of the year. #truth

Things started bright and early at 5:00am. I made lunch for all 4 of my girls and then Lexi and I embarked shortly after 5:30. Not 10 minutes into our drive, she found out that a friend from our stake (and his friend) had been killed in a car accident on his way back to byu Provo. Heartbreaking. 

And also so worried for my lex, who flew to Ohio to drive back to Idaho with her roomie, Kendall. We were already uneasy about it because the bum couple that had ride shared with them had backed out of driving back with them. It's a good life lesson about the best laid plans. 

She flew into Ohio, grabbed lunch, and they were on their way. Their plan had been to drive straight through, since they were going to have 4 drivers. So when I spoke to Matt about it, we both agreed that we needed to get them a hotel for the night and take the trip nice and easy. Praying for them that they will be safe, and praying for the families in our stake that they will be comforted. 

I made it back into smc, and then big D and I headed to Shelly's for a presidency meeting. It was a really good and productive and long afternoon. I'm so thankful to work and collaborate with such inspired women. 

This is Delaney's "I'm super relaxed and almost asleep" car look. The baby of the family fell asleep about 3 minutes before we got home, and didn't stay asleep.
I was the carpool queen this evening. Ballet night is definitely not my fav. Herding 3 little ballerinas, plus a big ballerina, and a baby of the family into a tiny, packed ballet studio, peeling off all their layers, getting their slippers on, and you get the picture. 

Our house 7-year-old finally lost another tooth. That makes 3. She and Chris were collaborating on it, and she decided she wanted to wait until tomorrow to have it pulled. Then she got to thinking about the tooth fairy and decided tonight was the night. She told Matt that Chris needed to pull it because "he's the professional." Two minutes later:
And the happy professional:
Matt and I took the world's most chilly walk this evening. Winter has arrived with a vengeance. We even had snow flurries this morning. It.is.bitter. 

No comments: