Saturday, January 23, 2016

32 hours and counting

We've had another wonderful snow day. So funny, I clearly remember being flustered and frustrated during the blizzard of 2010, but this storm has been happy. It's awesome to see how our perspective changes as we learn and grow. I only wish I didn't take so long to learn.
Snow days are a lot of work. It takes a long time to outfit three little ladies. And this morning they only stayed out for an hour. Then they come in wet, cold, and messy.
But they are having so much fun, and really, what does it matter. (It's a mess anyway)
This guy. He's been shoveling and playing all day. Every once in awhile I realize how much I hit the jackpot being married to a big kid.
Cute pink face, and cute big brother helping while i make muffins.
First round of hot cocoa.
And muffin eating.
This was after the second snow stint. Ash and Arden came to play, so they stayed out for about 3 hours. Playing is always more fun with friends. They were red cheeked, and most had wet spots somewhere. (She wasn't cooperating, hence the eyes closed)
<3
Then we relaxed with some movies and popcorn. Like, 6 batches of popcorn. #blizzardrules
4 cuties on a couch.
And my picture series.

*9:30am
*3:30
*5:30
*9:30pm
They don't look all that different, but Matt shoveled several times today, and it just keeps snowing. 

I haven't felt too hot, so I took a long nap and I've laid super low. I am grateful for my body that knows when to relax and be sick. And I'm grateful for the gang here that have been so good and peaceful. We are loving blizzard 2016!

No comments: