Saturday, January 9, 2016

The not special day and Christmas village

Laura reposted this from fb. 3 years ago today and just look at that big bald head! Seems like just yesterday, and forever ago, all at the same time. My babies!
Today was a navy day. I found this cute note that my main squeeze left on the oj.
I had a long list of to-dos today, and though I didn't check them all off, I did put a hefty dent. One thing we didn't get to was tennis. Lanes took a super long nap and when she finally woke up it was already dusk. Dang it.

We had stir fry and salad for dinner. We are well into "Clean out the fridge, freezer, and pantry" mode. I get such a weird satisfaction from finished up things that have been laying around for awhile. At dinner it was croutons, tortilla chips, frozen veggies, fresh veggies, and marinade. Sweetness. 

I never blogged about picking Alli up from the bus stop in Baltimore. Chris was working, and Lexi was friending it up, so it was just me, the mr, and the littles. I had read about a Christmas village in Baltimore, so we thought we'd check it out. We were also late to pick Alli up, for the first time ever. Seems like her bus is always late, so not only did we leave later than normal, but we also stopped for chicfila. She called while we were waiting for our food to tell me she had arrived. Oopsie.  

Frank's was so excited to have another family member with golden (or yellow, if you're Laney) hair. And then Alli and Laney were twinning in their green shirts. Everyone wants to be like auntie!
The Christmas village was cute, but about 1/10th of the size of the cute one we saw in Philadelphia. We're suckers for these:
Chinese fire drill! Except for Delaney and Addie.
We walked through the cute German shop. This is the one picture I took before I remembered, and the employees came to remind me, that there were no pictures allowed. It was all beautiful and expensive.
I was the only one that got the silly face memo.
So the Christmas village wasn't the most fun. I'm glad we checked it out though.
As we were leaving it started to rain so we did as the cool kids do and ran squealing to our car.
And check out that family, the weekend before Christmas, in their short sleeves! Say what?!

No comments: