Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Moving parts

I didn't take any pictures today, so here's the oldest picture (that I actually took) on my phone. For a the daily dose of random up in this hizzle.
Today was my first daycare lady day. After getting the girls to the icy bus (ok, Matt actually took them out), I dropped delane off at Sarah's so she wouldn't miss out on gymnastics. 

Then it was on to Colleen's for daycare/preschool. It went really well. She's got some really good, cute kids. And there were only 3, so that's pretty easy. Except the preschool part, that wasn't as easy, because it wasn't my lesson plans, or my house, so I was guessing on a lot of it. But it's preschool, so you probs can't go that wrong, right?

I was there till 3, then went to pick lanes up. On my way I had to help Darlaina figure out where my big girls were, because even though I had emailed, and called, they were still put on our regular bus instead of ashbys. Thankfully, we have awesome neighbors, and Peter took them home and called me. 

We were home for long enough for me to warm up some mashed potatoes and shovel them down, then it was off to pick girls up, drop Addie off at piano (early), and meet Matt at the LP library for a kid trade off so I could attend an interfaith council meeting in bishops absence. 

It was really interesting and I think it is such a cool thing! There were representatives from both lds wards, Unitarians, Catholics, Lutheran, Baha'i, and pagans. I found the pagan "heathen" to be the most interesting and I'm for sure gonna be doing a Google search on that one. What better way to combat all of the bad that is happening in our world than to stand up with others that, even though they believe a little differently than we do, also love, and serve God. Or, in the case of the heathen, just want to be a part of something good for our county? Like I said, I need to figure that one out. 

So, Amy and I are filling in for Colleen while bishop has his surgery. Sarah filled in for me by taking lanes to gymnastics and keeping her for the day. Johnna helped out by letting me drop Addie off early. Chris pitched in by picking Addie up from piano. And Matt, who so often goes straight from work, and straight to work at home, picked up the girls and brought them home so that I could fill in for bishop. There were a million moving parts today, but they were all moving in the right direction, and that's kind of awesome. 

Also, lex and Kendall stayed the night at the hotel in Des Moines and said it was nice and got on the road by 8. Kendall's grandparents are getting them a room tonight if they deem it necessary, which I think, and hope they will. Safety first, especially as our community is mourning two young men. 

Also, also, I have been talking to Chris about being more kind to Addie since she's going through a little rough patch. He seemed genuinely concerned about her feeling like she doesn't have friends, and wanted to assess the situation and help her feel loved by eating lunch at school with her. So he picked up McDonald's and ate with her. What a sweetie. (: also again, he got voted biggest flirt for L-town high school seniors. I am so proud. :/

No comments: