Tuesday, January 19, 2016

brrrrrr

kirstin and I, yesterday, 2008. her first baby would be born by cesarean in 10 days, prompting her to her birth hippy status, and she would go on to have 3 more natural childbirths, including 2 at home. I was due to have little addie-cakes in just over 4 months from this picture. My epidural birth with her would propel me to birth hippy status and I would go on to have 2 more natural births, but neither at home. I'm not that far in my hippy-ness.
we both taught 3rd grade together, her 1st year, my 2nd. those were fun times but a lot has changed since then!
 
today was c-to-the-old! smc is all abuzz of this winter storm coming this weekend. pleeeeease don't come till Monday.
 
d and I did some visits. she is getting to be a better rs baby, but still not great. we are still working on not commenting on the smell, order, allure, or anything else about the home that we are visiting in, at least until after we have left. hoping she continues on the up and up, as I would hate for anyone's feelings to be hurt.
 
we made it late to gymnastics and then shopped the afternoon away at the commissary. I really don't know how, but it took a whole 2 hours and we made it home just minutes before the bus.
 
then addie and I went to piano and then did some visits, and what a difference 3 1/2 years makes. this rs kid was fabulous. she played quietly on her ipad, did her homework, and read her book. night and day from Delaney.
 
summer plans are in swing, and as per the norm, big kids got me guessing. and praying, and hoping, and trying to have faith that they will make the best decisions. and trying to also remember that my choices may not be what is best for them, even though I really, really, really think they are.
 
matt has been on fire getting things done. he is on it like donkey kong, and shell love it! feels so good to help him cross things off his list, because really, I don't think the list crossing means as much to him as it does to me.
 
and Frankie was here today too. somehow she slipped between the blog cracks, but her cute little blond head was here, and being super blond too, I might add.

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Delaney can always come here while you make visits!