Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day of rest

We spent some time filming the girls reciting the Girl Scout oaths this morning. Our family has started a fb group that's been fun to "visit" each other through. So we posted our cute videos. 
This is an oldie, but goodie. Loving this picture of Frank's! Hahahaha. 
Eating breakfast with this one is always so fun. 
She and I were chatting the other day and we were talking about her growing up and getting married. I asked her who she would marry and she thought for a minute and said "I'll marry daddy." I told her that I was already married to daddy, so she thought again and said "well, we can both be married to him, how 'bout?" I told her that probably wouldn't work, so who else could she marry. Then she decided cute little Connor would do. Love her. (:

We had the stake rs presidency down today to give us training. It was really great. Sis. Ramon shared 1 Nephi 3:7 that we've read millions of times, and shared that she read it this morning and thought it so fitting for our new presidency. That Heavenly Father knows each of us, and knows we can be successful, and bring to our ward what the sisters need at this time. I felt the spirit telling me that was true, and it was a sweet experience. 

After church the primary had a baptism preview for the 7-year-olds turning 8. It was sweet and Addie is so excited to get baptized in June!

I've thrown away lots of food that has gone bad lately. That is one of my least favorite things to do. So now I'm in hyperdrive trying to cook everything I can to ensure I'm not throwing anything else out! Tonight I used a half rotten butternut squash for Amanda's delish soup. And I got to use my brand new immersion blender from Amy. This was my thank you pic. #immersionblendermodel
It was a long day of rest, so Matt and I are resting and watching elder Nelson's devotional and eating ice cream. Perfect way to end a Sunday. 

No comments: