Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tammy Faye and late nighters

What do Tammy Faye, Laney, and I have in common? We put our makeup on, and we put it on thick. (I am working on it) awesome Frozen lip gloss.
I love when the girls play school. (: or really play anything together. (:
Chris was off yesterday, so he spent his morning building his duct tape kayak. 2 trips to lowes and 1 to Ace hardware and his kayak was done. He went fishing with the boys last night and tested it out. He said it floated, but "ghetto kayak" wouldn't hold his weight. That was very surprising to me, I thought it was a really solid plan.
We met up with the ainas at the pool right after it opened. That's a whole lot of girl cuteness!
We had the pool mostly to ourselves all afternoon. Laura came and dropped kids off at 1, so we decided to stay an extra hour till 3. The kids were all so good! And totally worn out too. We were having a snack around 4:30 and Laney said "you guys are making me bored," went upstairs, crawled in bed, and took a 2 1/2 hour nap.
At 6, Abby and lily came over for our first late nighter. Addie has gotten invited to a few sleepovers and has been disappointed that we have a "no sleepover" policy. So we decided to have a late nighter for our big 7-year-old. We made a list of all the fun things she wanted to do. She requested her friends eat dinner here and wear their pajamas. And part of the magic of the late nighter is that there are no sisters allowed. She waited impatiently at the door for a few minutes before finally going outside to wait.
First item on the agenda was initial chocolate chip pancakes and strawberries with whipped cream. I figured since they couldn't eat them in the morning, might as well have them for dinner. (:
Next up: manis and pedis, complete with powder glitter. They each picked two colors for their hands and feet. Addie and lily did an AB pattern, while Abby went for the one hand one color, one hand the other. Classic. My skills were put to the test when lily asked if I could do stripes, but I politely declined on account of time. Phew.
After the nail party, they opted for some playtime. At which time I came upstairs and painted the other two princesses nails. They were patiently hanging out with daddy.

They decided they'd like to make necklaces, so while they did that, I brought them their root beer floats.
Silly shot!
After the necklace fun, we went for a walk to enjoy a nighttime park visit. They played at the park, played house, and hunted for frogs. At 9, I gave them the option to stay at the park or continue with the planned festivities. They chose to come in and watch a show (with popcorn) while I made rice crispy treats. They were originally going to help, but we ran out of time.
Last order of business was to cut rice crispy shapes. They each took a plate home for their families.
At 10, we loaded up the jolly green and headed out. It's not too difficult to wow the 6/7 year old crowd, so I think they all enjoyed themselves. We paid for it today with some pouty attitude, but I think it was worth it. 

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Lily had a great time. I think she really enjoyed doing something so grown up and without the siblings. Thanks for the invite!