Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Taylor Swift

Last week I saw on fb that one of my neighbors was selling tickets to T Swift. There were, like 5 other people ahead of me, but I thought, what they hay, I'll put that I'm interested. And everyone else decided not to take them, so it came to me. I talked to matt about giving lex an early Christmas present, he said yes, and we were set!
After a rough time finding our parking garage, (SE vs SW, those directions matter you know) walking half a mile to nationals stadium, and buying a shirt for Lexi, and we were ready for some music!
That place is huge! And she sold it out! Twice!
So the concert started at 7. Ed Sheran opened for her, but we missed most of his performance on account of being late. After he finished, there was nothing for 30 minutes. Then another guy, Vance Joy played. He stood still, playing his guitar, and singing the whole time. He was alright, just not very entertaining. Finally he finished and we thought for sure Taylor was coming out next.

Then nothing for 30 minutes. Then, the weirdest band I've ever seen, Haim, came out. We were like, huh? Is Taylor ever coming out? They were so beyond weird, I can't even describe it. And they played weird hard rock music, nothing like what us swifties were digging. No one around us liked them at all. And people were getting seriously annoyed that we'd been there so long without our main performer! There were so many kids there, and the ones around us were so done. Even I was done!
After Haim finished, they played some fun Taylor videos for about 30 minutes. They did "most asked questions," and showed fan viewings of her newest album, it was cute. Finally, at 9:30 Taylor came out!

They had given us these bracelets and as soon as she came out they lit up. It was so cool! 45,000 flashing bracelets all throughout the stadium.
Lexi loved it! She sang and danced the entire time. She only played 2 old songs, and they were my fav. All the rest were from her 1989 album.
It was a really good show. She's such a good performer! At one point, her catwalk malfunctioned, it had gotten wet earlier from the rain, but she totally played it off. About 30 minutes later it started working again and she was so cute about it! She was like "guys, you don't know how relieved I am! I was playing it off like I knew what I'd do, but I had no idea!"
She played from 9:30-11:45. It went by really fast as soon as she came out. Since the neighborhood around there is sketchy, we stayed with the herd as we left, only, with my horrible sense of direction we left the stadium from the wrong side, so instead of half a mile, it took us a whole mile to get to our car.
I was soooo tired. Practically falling asleep on the ride home. We finally rolled up around 1:30 and I collapsed into bed! After checking on the girls and finding Delaney like this:
It was an amazingly fun evening with my best 19-year-old!

No comments: