Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tired

Even though Addie and I didn't get home from our late night adventures till after 11, she was still up bright and early just after 8. I hadn't really thought about the fact that just because friends aren't sleeping over, doesn't mean the girls won't be crabby next day.

At home and the library, where we did storytime and checked out several more books (even though I said we weren't going to) it was touch and go, but when we got to the wooden park things for the 7 year old took a turn.  

She did not want to search for butterflies, did not want to compromise, and most decidedly did not want to eat a pb & j sandwich. She did want to get a book and read, which in hindsight I probably just should have let her do, but I don't want any anti-socials over here and I really thought we could work through the crabbiness. I was wrong. 

That's ok. We left early, decided to skip out on our planned Old Jail Museum visit, and came home for books and naps all around. I love me a napping house!

We've been having so many summer adventures that it was nice to have a few extra hours at home. We decided to cross another item off of Laneys library checklist and broke out the finger paint.
20+ creations later, and all were happy.
Even this little Laney-bug.
I taught Lexi how to make rice crispy treats (she's apparently never made them?) to take to A days and then headed to the church with Darlaina. I so appreciate days that I don't have to drag 3 littles along with me!

At prayer time, the girls all got a kick out of smelling bubba's coconut conditioned hair. He and Brian are growing their hair out for the summer and are convinced the coconut oil will help it grow. It does smell good.
After little big girls got to bed, Matt, Laney, and I went for a nice, steamy evening walk. Frogs are so fascinating.
And another fun and learning summer day came to an end. 

No comments: