Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thirty, flirty, and thriving!

Today was the big day. The big 3-0. Yikes! No longer a young girl in my twenties... I guess I'm a woman now. Ha!

Seriously, turning 30 doesn't bother me too much. It's just a number and I don't feel thirty. My twenties were a rocky road and I wouldn't want to go back. And you couldn't pay me to go back to being a teenager!

I am totally happy with where I am right now. I have a wonderful husband, beautiful children, a super fun family, and amazing friends. I am in a good place right now and feel comfortable in my own skin. We're getting ready to start a new adventure in our lives and, although it's not the best timing, we are excited! I mean, when is there really a good time to move, right?!

Sooo, here's to being thirty! And anyways, 30 is the new 20, right?!

2 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! I agree, you couldnt pay me enough to go back to high school! As for moving, after Clovis, my motto is I can make it anywhere;+)

Robyn Cheney said...

Happy Birthday!
I am yet 2 years away from being thirty and I agree with you, I am not bothered that the number is looming. My life is what I would want it to be right now and I have to say, I love being a young Mom!
I look at you and would never guess that you are old enough to have older children. That will follow you for your life. It is fun to have the energy to run around with the kids and to jump in the pool and swim with them.
On the flip side of that, I am surprised that you are only 30; you have accomplished much in your life.
Thanks for being a great friend. Janae and I were talking today and you came up. Reminding us how great you are. We miss you.
Happy Birthday again!