Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fashion show and hangin' out

With 3 trips to Seattle under my belt I have learned a few things about how to manage my time. I discovered that its best to see people I want to see early on in the trip, that way I make sure to get everybody in.

So yesterday I was able to get some alone time - without Addie even! - to go see my friend Sara and her beautiful baby in the hospital. I had so much fun visiting with her that I stayed for nearly 3 hours, even though I had told Matt I would only stay 1! :) I told him to call me if he needed me so I figured she was okay. I guess she wasn't. As I was leaving Matt called and said she'd been crying off and on for about 2 hours. She refuses any kind of bottle, so Matt was kind of up a creek. :) Oopsie! I guess it's nice to be needed.

We hung out at Amy's last night and had a nice time. Uncle Tom volunteered to change Addie's diaper, and you know how she likes to poo in a clean diaper so he got to do it twice. Here's the proof -



Nice look Tom! And I appreciate any break from diapers!



Addie was being just adorable so here's a random pic. She's laying across my lap here.

Today I had made plans with my mentor from my very first teaching job, Glorene. We met for lunch with our families. Her granddaughter just loved Addison so I got some cute pictures of them.



I have been so blessed with both of my teaching jobs that I was able to work with such wonderful people! Glorene made my very first year of teaching easy! We did everything together and I learned so much from her! She helped me become a better teacher by her amazing example. We love Glorene!



The weather here has been freezing! I sooo did not pack for cold weather! Addison has gotten so many cute summer outfits that we did another fashion show tonight so she could have a chance to wear them. She enjoyed this one a little better than her last one. This first picture is what she's been wearing in this cold weather.



Here is another Auntie Amy outfit. She is very pretty in yellow! And it fits a little better. :)



One more from Auntie. Addie got hooked up!



Here's a sporty little number from Amy's friend Kristi (sorry about the spelling last time). So cute!



Here's another golfer-girl outfit from Kristi. Not sure if this ensemble goes together but we tried it out. What do you guys think? It's very cute either way and a perfect fit!



This one is from Grandma Glorene. Very cute and her favorite color - pink!



We have been so blessed by the generosity of our family and friends! Addie has gotten so many cute things given to her. We have bought her two outfits - one for her to come home from the hospital and her blessing gown. Other than that they have all been gifts. And we have yet to buy diapers. We are blessed and we are thankful!

9 comments:

auntie amy said...

I LOVE the picture of her in the I heart mommie onesie! How cute is this baby?

Dyer Family said...

I cant believe how big she is getting...gets cuter and cuter each post!

Sara said...

Awww, Michelle, you're so sweet! BTW... we get to come home tomorrow! Just one day shy of six weeks old and a whole month away of her due date. We need to get together and get pictures of our beautiful daughters!

Anonymous said...

She looks like such a big girl in the one laying across your lap! Jaron thinks she's about ready for a night out on the town... :)
~Kirst

Anonymous said...

Where is my one and only?

I miss you Harry Potter!

~Ginny
PS, come see our movie, it's coming out soon!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how cute those cheeks are! She makes a great model. Tell all we said Hi from El Paso!!

Dyer Family said...

I totally agree that A move is good.....its the moving that totally bites! Glad I can vent to someone who knows! How are those plans coming or are you guys on a perma vaca !??

matt and michelle ray said...

Perma vaca!!! Holla!!

Susan M said...

Hey, I'm an old friend of Matt's, he told me about your blog. Congrats on Addision, she's adorable! I'm really happy for you guys.

It cracks me up to see Matt in a "learn to skateboard" tshirt, when we were all teenagers my husband used to skate at Matt's house all the time on Matt's giant ramp.