Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Of dances, terrible pictures, Super Bowls and Alabama

On Saturday night I got to take these 10 cute kids up to Bowie for a dance. 

We spent a few minutes trying to get a good picture, and this is as good as it gets. They weren’t as obnoxious as I thought they might be, they were more so on the way home, and because the van is so big I didn’t get to hear any of the back seat conversations but I did catch a lot of video game and girl talk from the row of boys right behind me. 🤣

In the terrible pictures section of this here blog. 🤣 we were trying to get a picture and I was posing but then also the lady next to me was trying to get out and it was all too much and then Johnna posted this and I just had to laugh. 

Then Dr. Dennie shared some candies from our Souper Bowl. I mean, we were having fun. 

And another for good measure? 😭

I went to the Capitol ward and Spanish branch on Sunday. And as my thoughts are at least 33% women’s conference at all times, I went through our RS closet again cataloging serving dishes and paper products. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I ❤️ women’s conference and I ❤️ when it’s over. ❤️❤️❤️

I love this pretty Think Celestial bulletin board outside their RS room!

I got home and got straight on to zoom for a mission correlation meeting. It was a good one. Sunday was the Super Bowl, so Delaney made some Alecia pasta salad. We didn’t have all the correct ingredients, but we had most and it was yummy. I made deconstructed nachos and we watched what turned out to be the boring half of the game, just past the halftime show and then I had to go to bed because #earlyflight. 

My alarm went off at 2:30 and I was on my merry way. I parked at the same hotel d and I parked at when we went to magic kingdom and caught the 4:30 shuttle to the airport. I meant to get some steps in but i laid down and slept instead. 

I pulled a Matt Ray and grabbed this shot and then laid down in the whole row I had to myself and slept the whole flight / the very best way to travel. 

And Florida!

Mt dad picked me up at the airport and off to Alabama we headed! We stopped to peruse one of the many Florida citrus centers and ate a leftover Super Bowl sub. 

My dad has a nice new car and it was fun and smooth to drive and we chatted the whole way. 

At a rest stop I took a walk to see their solar energy information. 

A little Chick-fil-A for some frosted lemonades and fries. 

And a pop into Wally for a cord someone forgot (hint, it wasn’t me). Can you tell we were sloooooow travelers?

I will always stop. 

We finally made it to Enterprise around 4:30. Jeanne showed us around and then we headed to dinner. 

We got there around 5:15 and saw they had a trivia night at 6:30 so we stayed. 

It was so fun and at one point we were tied for 3rd place, but then ended up last. You’ve got to risk it for the biscuit, that’s what I always say. We each pulled out some incredible answers and some duds, but we all had fun. 

And I love the cute lamps at the restaurant. 

We’re hoping to see Christian today, but the life of an almost warrant officer is a busy one and one not dictated by self, so we’ll see!

1 comment:

Kori Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.