Thursday, February 8, 2024

Baltimore aquarium

I’ve gone on every one of Adi’s field trips (except parents weren’t invited to the oyster festival), so when this aquarium trip came up we decided together that I’d only go if they needed someone. And then they needed someone. I was not the most excited to be on a bus for 3-4 hours, but away we went.

We’ve never been to the aquarium and it was really beautiful. Adi hung out with me almost the whole day, she’s the best. 

These cute little blue blobs were our favorite! Shades of blue, white, and shades of brown and they’re just short and fat and adorable. 

I loved their dolphin training. They don’t do shows anymore, but they were training dolphins. 

And adi got this amazing shot. 

She and a bunch of her friends touched the stingrays. 

Just for a second and then she was good. 

The timing on this field trip was ridiculous. We had an hour and a half drive up, an hour and a half at the aquarium, walked together across the street to the Shake Shack for an hour, spent another 30 minutes at the aquarium, and then another 2 hours on the bus home. 🤦‍♀️

During our last 30 minutes at the aquarium we spent some time in the Australian section. 

The aquarium is pretty small, so I feel like we saw everything we wanted to see. 

The crew! Adi and I really like some of the girls in the second year, but I guess her year is ok too.  

In other news, how cute are the teeth marks in Delaney’s giant hot chocolate marshmallow. 

I was helping Delaney tidy her room and she had found this cute picture of me and Lexi in one of her books. We had gone on a camping trip up to Sequim with my mom to see my favorite lavender fields. It was an amazing trip. 

Yesterday I went over to Lori’s new apartment to help her put up pictures. She is wonderful and we had a nice few hours visiting. 

I’ve been working on some family history stuff that has me stumped so I went to the family history center tonight and look at these cute sources or whatever they’re called. That handsome fella is my dad. I haven’t made any progress yet, and I’m getting ready for some major travel, but I’m gonna try to get with Dixie when life gets back to normal. 

Meme time. With several plane tickets bought within the last month, this is v true. I need a no spend March and we all know that’s not gonna happen. 

Can’t wait for next week!!!

😭

An oldie from thanksgiving. Gerrymandering is the dumbest.

❤️❤️❤️



No comments: