Sunday, February 25, 2024

Last day

Mike sent me his pictures, including this beauty. My girls love their fancy glasses. 

I watched a Facebook reel where a family decorated their grandparents house with these adorable tiny ducks and I was all like, mine. I don’t know what we’ll do with all of them, but we put them all around Mike and cami’s room and in pockets and suitcases and the girls laughed the whole time. 

I went up with the crew Friday morning. We waited in line and grabbed a pic of Matt with the Spanish flag. 

After we’d waited 30 minutes, we found out that the gondola had stopped moving, and as far as we know it didn’t start moving for a good 3-4 hours. I hope people weren’t stuck up there for that long, that would be a nightmare!

We ended up walking about 5 minutes away to Blackcomb where we took their gondola up and then took the Peak to Peak across to the family area the girls liked. I grabbed a few pictures of everyone. 
I know I keep saying it, but it was all just so beautiful. 

I’m so happy these girls are learning to be brave and push themselves while they’re young. I wish I loved skiing, but the heights and the speed just make me so anxious anymore. I’m always trying to balance pushing myself with accepting myself. 

D wanted her goggles on. 

Peak to Peak! Adi was pretty nervous. 

It was so cloudy the day Matt and I took it, but Friday was clear and bright and you could see everything. Every. Thing. That is a loooong and high ride. But we made it. Again. 

I had my book to read and I found a table and completely enjoyed my day. Adi found me after lunchtime so we found a bigger table and eventually as people left we were able to schooch closer and closer until we finally grabbed the table in the window nook. We left a duckie as we waited. 

I loved sitting in the window nook even though it was creepy because it extends out from the building, but the view was amazing. 

Shaped like a triangle. Everyone met us there and ate their sandwiches and oranges I brought. 

Everyone went back out for more snow fun and then adi met me again as things were closing at 3:30. We grabbed a few last pictures. That stone guy is all around Whistler.

We were standing on a patio with chairs and a beautiful view. Maybe people sit out there in the summer time?

Here’s who this guy is:

This Iconic Structure is the Whistler Mountain Inukshuk, created for Whistler as a Symbol of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games


Canada ❤️ 

You know when you’re leaving someplace beautiful and your like, I’ve just got to get a few more pictures! I don’t know if I captured enough! That was me. 

See?

See x2?

Adi and I grabbed a gondola just the two of us and for 25 minutes all was well. And then, dun, dun, dunnnn!

Our gondola stopped. Just for about 10 minutes, but in a fairly high spot. And then we got stopped again, but this time we weren’t as high and it wasn’t as scary, but it was another 15 minutes. The worst is the not knowing. Are we gonna be stuck for 3 minutes? 3 hours? Climb down a ladder, or whatever other terrifying means of getting people down there is. We played Heads Up to distract ourselves and it was fine. Cold, but fine. 

When we got home we saw Mike and Cami had found our surprise. 😂

We had family hot tub hour where we continued our Heads Up game. Even Cami came down to join the fun. I was the first to go up to shower and I left my phone for everyone to continue playing and found this beauty. 

We all showered and packed all but one suitcase and our snow stuff that was still drying. We had a hodgepodge dinner to clean out our cupboards. Cereal, pasta, bananas, apples, oranges, carrots, bacon and cheese grilled sandwiches, and yogurt. We did an amazing job on the food if I do say so myself. We watched some movies and were responsible and didn’t stay up too late talking, and just like that it was off to bed on our last night. 

No comments: