Thursday, February 22, 2024

Goalz

Yesterday I decided to join the crew, so I got to see firsthand how very long it takes to get everyone ready and geared up. Delaneys boot was pinching her and Matt was able to fix it so it fit better. 

We parked in Whistler village and walked to the ski lifts. They have gondolas here which I love! Open ski lifts are part of the reason I don’t like skiing. 

The mountain is huge and the gondola just kept going and going and going. I think that’s why adi is making this face. 

At one point the gondolas all stopped and for a minute it just swung back and forth and made all of us feel queasy. And also so very high and scary. 👎🏼 

Olympic rings. ✔️ 



Matt and I took the peak to peak gondola from one mountain to the other. It was high but fine, and then we passed a *giant* cliff and we were *so* high. One of my goals is to do something new or scary every month so double check. ✔️ ✔️

I even talked about catching the gondola down from the other mountain, but Matt and my big girl panties convinced me to go back with him. 

We checked things out on that side first. 

Meanwhile, the girls enjoyed the family area. 

Delaney has surprised me with how much she’s loving skiing! Last time we went she liked it but wasn’t that into it, this time she wants to be there all the time. She packs snacks and falls down and gets back up and is just a super skier. 

We had an afternoon adventure planned, so we headed back down the gondola around 1:00. 

I was trying to take a picture of the gondolas going down and it took me way too long to realize that I was taking pictures with my camera reversed still. 🙄 🤣

It just keeps going. 

Through the clouds and out of the clouds. 

We came home and ate lunch and headed to Olympic Village for some cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Two things I’ve wanted to do forever! 

Check out the ski jumps! 👆🏼 worst nightmare!

They stay open late on Wednesdays and offer reduced rates, so we were able to rent cross country skis for $10. 

Because it was so cheap we let Frankie and Delaney get some too. Adi, Mike, and Cami snowshoe’d and then went home after a bit. 

I loved it! Except for the hills, and they were small hills, but they just make me so nervous!

Ring ✔️

They do several events out here and it was just beautiful and peaceful. 

They had a couple blocks of these trailers with equipment and the snow piled up in front was this gorgeous blue color. Like so white it was blue. 

We also got to see the biathalon stadium which is skiing and then shooting and I had never heard of it. 

As you can see, once we really got going it wasn’t very cold. I kept my coat on but no hat or gloves, and Matt and Frankie took their coats off completely. 

I fell 4 times, twice because I got scared on a hill and made myself fall so I’d stop going fast and twice just because. One of the times I made myself fall I just kind of sat straight down and hit my tailbone on my skis and it’s still crazy sore today. Hope that feels better before I get to fly cross country Saturday. 

The sunset was absolutely gorgeous, this picture is my fave. 

The day lodge and the lights and they had a fire and it was just an amazing evening. 

We skii’d around some more of their smaller course and then headed out around 6:00. I’d definitely cross country ski again!

I must have mentioned I wanted Pacific Northwest salmon and Cami remembered and found the best salmon in Whistler and Mike was able to get us a reservation for 8:45. We let the girls eat leftover pizza and we had the best and fanciest dinner! We had a roasted cauliflower appetizer and delicious bread and I had a tender (“the chef cooks it medium rare, would you like to follow the chef’s recommendation?”) delicious salmon and veggies and Matt had a seafood trio special with salmon, tuna, and coconut curry shrimp. It was seriously delicious and so nice to have a fancy dinner with just the grownups. 

We spent another late night chatting and then Delaney looked so cute and peaceful this morning. 

Finally, Amy is watching old Amazing Race seasons and they were on our canal cruise! Even on the same company boats as we got. I’ve even seen this season but not since before we went and I didnt realize they were the same. So fun!



1 comment:

Alecia said...

Glad you are having such a great time! I wish we could have sent Curtis on this trip with you. He would be in heaven. :)