Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The in-between

We got home from spring break in Florida on April 7th and then I left for Montana on the 12th. Easter and some other fun things happened in those in between days. 

Firstly, church wide we had a big push to give Easter more love. Nola brought this up years and years ago and I’ve thought about it ever since, just that we put so much emphasis on Christmas, which is of course wonderful, but Easter is, arguably, more wonderful. Tracie made up these cute invitations and Matt and I shared it with several people, none of whom came. But the success lies in the invitation, so we were still successful. Ish. 

I was honored to speak that day. I was excited to speak about our Savior, and the hope and faith and absolute knowledge I have of Him. I don’t really get nervous about writing talks or speaking, but when I started planning I realized A - there was SO much I could say, and B - this was supposed to be an exceptional sacrament meeting, so then I got a little nervous. Whenever that happens I put in the time and rely on the Lord to make up for my deficiency’s. I definitely felt relieved when it was over. And we grabbed a quick pic after church. 🐣❤️

Johnna had invited us for dinner, which was so sweet because we’d just gotten home and I’d spent all day Saturday finishing and polishing my talk. Sweet Charlene got each of the kids a giant chocolate bunny and was so excited to sit them down and pass them out. 

Johnna and Katie made a delicious ham dinner and it was nice to let the kids play while we visited. 

We took Charlene home and grabbed a picture. These girls love Charlene and she loves them. She calls them her grandchildren, she’s got a bunch. Charlene is such a character, she’s got her funeral all planned out and wants all female pall bearers, so that will be an experience. 

We decorated eggs with our whirly marker thing. 

They still love decorating eggs and they’re so self sufficient that its super easy now. 

The next day Susanna called and asked if I could come help her with some chores. I took the girls with me and we got down to business. The big girls took the babies outside and D and I crossed tasks off our list, then they traded when Suki was done being outside. Adi got her to sleep and Delaney loved cuddling with her. 

They took turns helping Jason dig into this rock. 

He kept wiping his dirty pic on their shirts and laughing and laughing. It was pretty cute. When we left we talked about how good it feels to give meaningful service. I’m so impressed and happy that she asked for help. I was/am not good at that and it’s so simple and feels so good to help people, I really should have asked for more. 

That night we drove out to the mechanicsville DQ for dinner and Anna-made blizzards. Except she was working the drive-thru, so she didn’t actually make them. But she did grace us with a picture. ❤️

That night we had our flashlight egg hunt.

I had a few bags of our fav Cadbury eggs and then put cash and coins in the rest of the eggs. 

It was kind of thrown together, but the girls had fun. 

We found all but one, and that one is still missing. 🤷‍♀️

Frankie has wanted one of these carts for a long time, so Lexi sent one for her birthday. She’s using it as a nightstand/skincare cart/bookshelf. I love the picture of her and Jesus she made with Jamie Naluai at the 12-13 year old YW activity. 

I had to retire the softest, most comfy pair of pj’s. I got a little hole but continued wearing them as it got bigger and bigger. 

Finally it was Wednesday and time to fly to Montana. Matt and I checked out the new bakery, Kneaded, in downtown Leonardtown. 

Then he dropped me off at Reagan, where I got checked in and then grabbed snacks at the USO before my flight. And then I was off for my one regular flight to Salt Lake then my small regional jet flight to Great Falls. I *hate* a small plane, they are so bumpy and turbulent and kind of awful. After both flights I told Matt I would rather drive the 8 hours from SLC to GF than fly on those small planes. Blah. 

No comments: