Monday, May 8, 2023

The Children’s Museum

One day after school I took the boys to the Children’s Museum. The membership is our Christmas gift to them each year, so I was happy to use it. As we drove there it started to hail and we had to run through the hail to get inside and then we stayed by the window and watched for awhile. I ventured out and picked up a few pieces to show them. It was so wild. 

We all love the Children’s Museum. 

For a small’ish town, Great Falls has a lot of really fun things. 

Carter loves babies! He laid on the floor with his baby for awhile. Lexi was thoroughly grossed out, but during mimi time almost anything goes. 

Haha, Carter didn’t want to clean up before he left the house area, so he got a mini time out and he was so cute and distraught I had to grab a quick pic. He came around super quickly and cleaned up after himself every time after that. 

Last time we were there we chatted with the owner and told her about a restaurant area at a children’s museum we went to in Baltimore and she loved the idea. It was fun to see it in person. And I love how they call everything “Little Falls,” so clever. 

We played until they closed. 

That day the boys wore their camo shirts - Lexi always dresses them alike - so I grabbed mine and we tripletted. 

I didn’t take a ton of other pictures, but I did take a lot st the Children’s Museum. 😂

Emmett spent most of his time grocery shopping, but Carter likes to wander. 

This is a picture story. Carter is saying “Emmett! What are you doing?”

“You look so cool! Can I wear it?”

“No Carter!” -Carter dejected. 

And finally, Carter’s turn. 🤗

The next day we woke up to yet another winter wonderland. Every time it snowed, it snowed for at least 24 hours. This one was several days long. 

Carter borrowed my glasses one day. 

How about a little Winter Storm Warning for our mid April pleasure?

One day I was running the streets around Lexi’s house and less than a mile away was Pasta Montana, a pasta factory. Also a Coke factory and General Mills, but neither of them had anything cool going on. Anyways, I really wanted to go to the big pasta sale, and that day lexi was able to leave work early and come with me. 

It was a happening place, but they had everything set up very efficiently. We got our order sheet from the first lady, paid the second man, then received our order from the last stop. I knew I had to buy 20 lbs, but I thought they’d come in 1 lb. boxes like at the grocery store, so we chose a few of each shape. The man we paid set me straight that it’s 20 lbs of just one pasta, so we quickly changed our order so we only bought the 1 20 lb. box. 

It wasn’t till we opened the box that I understood why you only get one kind of pasta - inside the box were two 10 lb. bags, so I left one for Lu and brought one home. Pasta Montana hi jinx. 😂

One day while I ran downtown I saw this adorable log cabin restaurant and told Lu about it and she said they had the best burgers, so we added it to our to do list and after our Pasta Montana sale, we hit it up. 2 and 3 year olds aren’t the best restaurant companions, so we enjoyed a quiet lunch while they napped at school. I had a peanut butter and jelly burger and it was, in fact, delicious. And a bright snowy picture of the lunch goers and Roadhouse. 



No comments: