Thursday, May 4, 2023

Muffins, hikes, and trails

I had a list of things I wanted to do with the boys - plans we made while we FaceTimed - and I’m happy to report that we did all of them. 

One of our plans was to make cookies, which I swapped for muffins, and then made cookies by myself one day while they were at school. Muffins are easier to mix. 

They were super happy with their work! I was able to leave a freezer full of muffins, cookies, and dinners. 

One day we went for a hike at the Sluice Box State Park. 

I got to ride in the back with the boys and play and talk with them the whole way. 

I love throwing rocks into water (I ❤️ all water) and took them down to throw and they *loved* it. We did that for at least 15 minutes before we finally pulled them away with promises to throw more rocks later. 

People used to dump their cars out here, and there was this old classic car on the banks of the river. So crazy!

It was so pretty out there! And the weather was perfect. 

Carter found himself a walking stick and slooooowly walked with his stick. He doesn’t love holding hands or being carried when he wants to be independent, like most 2-year-olds. 

Lexi is such a good little mommy. She works hard and takes care of these precious boys. 

More promised rock throwing. 

❤️

Carter tripped and just laid there, not crying, just… waiting. 😂

He finally let Lu carry him and he was so cute peeking back at me. 

After our hike we 4 wheeled up the snowy mountain, which was a little scary but also so pretty. 

The boys both crashed and it was a lovely drive. 

Back home Matt celebrated his birthday with dinner at the Darrow’s. So grateful for good friends that take care of family when you can’t. Adi made better than “shopping” cake, but I’m not sure what happened that made the whipped cream on top so runny? I heard it tasted good, so that’s the important part. 

Happy time cuddles. 

Great Falls has the best running trails! This one runs for 58 miles along the river. I ran on it one day through town and decided to come out by the falls to run and I loved it so much. 

This is part of the Lewis and Clark Trail and they’ve got a really nice interpretive center where I bought some delicious huckleberry taffy. 

I ran every day and every day I was sad that our corner of Maryland has next to no trails. It was just peaceful and beautiful and I loved it. 



No comments: