Thursday, May 18, 2023

May days

Delaney had her frenectomy today. It’s been a long time coming, so it was a little bit of a relief just to get it over with. She had her lip and underneath her tongue lasered. She was super anxious, but said it wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. She’s been binge reading Harry Potter again, and she had today all planned to binge the movies. We’re currently watching Order of the Phoenix and #weloveharrypotter

We had a going away lunch for Kelly on Wednesday. She was one of my first buddies in the ward when we moved here as we served in the Primary presidency together and then we made all sorts of mischief when we served on the ward council together. We’ll miss her and Will, but I’m sure they’ll be back in somd, so we’ll see them again. 

That night I had a zoom My Covenant Path training, a really great tool to help new and returning members. I’m excited to show Chris and Cyndi and Danny. 

Delaney had her Battle of the Books competition after school on Tuesday. Ms. Owen made the teams shirts and D’s team was “The Globs.” This right here is the 2nd place winning team! Vera’s team beat them, so that’s pretty cool   

Frankie and I went to Curtis’ baseball game that night. We’ve talked about going forever, and now that we’re done with ju jitsu, we were free. I love baseball and Curtis is an amazing player. It’s so fun watching these kids we loved as babies grow up into pretty awesome teens. 

The boys got their new glasses and carters not a fan. They called one morning while they were getting ready for school picture day and they looked so handsome!

😍

On Monday during Adi’s piano Frankie and I went for a walk and Delaney went down to the beach. She made a sandcastle and since I wasn’t there, she borrowed Johnna’s phone to get pictures. I love how comfortable she is with Johnna. ❤️

Adi and Frankie helped at St. Clements Island on Saturday. 
They planted flowers and then Frankie swept the lighthouse stairs. That’s something I’ve never done, so I’m pretty impressed. 

It was supposed to rain, but the rain held off, so we got lucky. 

Sunday was a lovely Mother’s Day. I didn’t take any pictures, but Matt made from scratch cinnamon rolls for brekkie and then grilled salmon for dinner. The girls gave lovely back rubs and Adi is doing “the days of Mother’s Day” for me. I got a box of chocolates, 2 poems, day 3 is tba, and she was going to make a 4 course meal today, but I’d already made chicken noodle soup since D needed soft food. She’s so sweet and generous. 

I already mentioned her Italian silver medal, but she was also in the school news.

I often don’t read the weekly newsletters, but I happened to read this one and was so glad I did!

Friday was a virtual day and Adi and Frankie had a “study hall party.” They invited all the girls their ages at church. 

And Curtis. πŸ˜‚ they’ve always been buddies and he didn’t mind being the only boy. 

We served chips and m&m’s for snacks and pizza and Brazilian lemonade for lunch. Everyone had a good time and I hope some work actually got done. 

On Thursday night Lana picked me up and we drove up to brandywine to have dinner with Kitty and Colleen. These ladies have been such good examples to me, i always learn and laugh and just enjoy spending time with them. It was so wonderful to catch up and eat delicious food, we’re hoping to do it more often. 

We’ve got 4 more days of seminary and 15 more days of school and we’re so stoked for summer!

No comments: