Friday, May 19, 2023

Back to Montana

Before i flew to Montana Emmett and I had planned a shopping trip. Lexi gave me the idea for the tubes and then we picked the Legos together. 

Emmett started soccer and I got to keep Carter company, which isn’t easy since he very much thought he should be able to play soccer too. He “swam” for awhile, we toured the facility, we looked at the aquarium, and ran lines in the gym. 

We took another trip to the children’s museum. 

E’s fav spot!

“Mama’s letter!”

We popped into the airplane before we left. 

Emmett started steering…

And Carter’s controls moved too and scared him. So then we left. 

I got Carter down for a nap by sitting next to him. 

Emmett loved his legos! Carter was a little too little to figure it out. Em was v proud of himself. 

One of my best boys! 

We made snow ice cream that was just ok. But Carter loved it and ate the whole bowl. 

Laying down with Car-Car one night. Bedtimes take a long time sometimes!

It snowed and snowed my last days there. I really wanted to go back to the river trail, so I braved the still light snow coming down and set out. 

As I was walking there was a creepy man behind me and I called Lu to keep me company. When I came upon another man walking back, I turned around and walked with him - he was kind and understanding and it helped me feel better. I had taught Carter to give thumbs up and we laughed as he thumbs up’d us all week, so I sent Lexi a thumbs up proof of life before I left. I miss that river trail!

Before we headed to the airport we got a few pictures. The boys, like most 2 and 3 year olds, aren’t the best picture takers so I tickled them and Lexi snapped away. 

We grabbed pasties for a quick dinner and I was able to bag up half of it and eat it during my layover that night. It was huge!

And finally, back home Matt and Dan celebrated their April birthdays with a Skinny Puppy concert. Matt asked if I’d go with him, but darn, I was in Montana. Shucks. I’m glad they had fun and equally glad I didn’t have to go. 



No comments: