Friday, December 2, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

Alli wasn’t able to come down for thanksgiving, and Dan and Chantell could only come on Thursday, so I was super bummed to have to cook solo for the first time in many years. I had the girls each pick a dish to be in charge of and we got lots and lots done on Wednesday. So Thursday morning I went for a run and took a nice shower before getting onto dinner. D&C showed up at 1 and we ate at 3. 

I like thanksgiving dinner and I like leftovers, but I don’t like the pressure of having so many leftovers and feeling like we’re not making a dent. The girls are annoying with leftovers too, and since Frankie and I were leaving Saturday anyway, I tried hard to not cook too much. I halved all the recipes I could and we still had a lot leftover. 

Also, the one thanksgiving day picture I took. 🤷‍♀️

Everyone pitched in for the cleanup and then we played games and watched Jumanji 2 since they’d never seen it and it’s one of our favs. Also, the girls have been big into face paint and creative facial designs. If we were in the Hunger Games they’d be from the Capitol for sure. (Frankie and I started listening to Hunger Games, so I’ve got Panem on the brain).

We spent a White Friday with Dan and Chantell. After the temple we all went to our favorite Red Ginger for lunch. After, Matt and I ran some errands and then home to pack and prep. 

We weren’t in any rush Saturday morning, and didnt end up heading out till around 11. 

Beginning a trip is always exciting. We had our snacks and our book all ready to listen to. 

Adi and Delaney took a ride on the back of the Uhaul before we left. 

It was an easy drive, not much traffic at all. 

Making tracks. 

Adi is obsessed with biscuits, so we sent her this shot. 

We had fun at South of the Border. 

I almost pulled over on the side of the road because I had to pee so bad and we hit traffic right before we were going to stop. It was a painful waddle into this shop!

We walked around and saw the gators and walked over the bridge. 

I only wished I was hungry because I love tamales. 

Frankie’s a good little travel companion. We had lots of good talks.  

The bridge we walked over. It was getting dark and it felt a little sketchy, but we made it happen. 

Next up was Buc-cee’s! We didn’t need gas, but how can you not stop? We picked up brisket sandwiches and candied pecans for dinner and then straight to the hotel.

A nice Buc-cee’s dinner in dads room, then I met my activity goal on the treadmill, and finally, bedtime. 😴

Day one ✔️ 

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

What a fun trip.

Oh, BTW, LTB.