Monday, December 5, 2022

Florida man

The next morning I had virtual Stake Council from 7-9. Frankie and papa went to brekkie then she hung out in his room till I was done. And he was off in the Space car!

Froggy and I twinned in our South of the Border attire. 

Saturdays traffic was good, and Sundays was not so good. Thankfully our caravan was safe, and all the accidents we saw were minor. 

We met up for a subpar lunch at a Waffle House. And I did not order a rainy day for our warm southern trek, but unfortunately that’s what we got that morning. 

I will always stop at the Florida State Line, I love this rest stop. 

It was so nice and warm after a super cold snap in Maryland. 

This is the best rest stop with their free orange juice and all. 

Frankie was a fun travel companion. Easy going, chatty, totally interested in our book. A+. 

We saw signs for The Orange Shop for awhile and we decided we definitely wanted to stop. We made it by 4:45 and they closed at 5:00, and they were ready for us to leave. We got another set of matching shirts and some souvies and cleared out of there, with the workers following us hot on our heels. 

We dropped the uhaul at my dads new house and got dinner with Uncle Dave and Aunt Fran, then I went for a run and chatted with Matt. 

Monday morning this Florida Man bought a house! But first, brekkie at a diner because apparently not everyone likes when people show up to their appointments an hour early. 

We went shopping (twice) then back to papa’s cute little house to give it a pre move in deep cleaning. The walls were oddly very dirty, I took 4 magic erasers down to shreds, but it looked a lot better when I was done. 

Everyone worked and we got things all ready for the movers the next day. It was reasonably clean already (except for the walls 🤷‍♀️) but hadn’t been lived in in several monthes. It needs some paint and new carpets, but it’s very cute and has a lot of potential! I loved it!

Fran made a meatloaf for dinner, then I went for another full belly nighttime run, which is not the most comfortable, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I always love running in new places and the warmth of the late November evenings was pretty sweet. 

Dave showed me some family heirlooms he has, including this tool chest my grandpa made himself. He used it when he was stage handing on the road. Such a cool piece! Dave also gave me an old box, covered in pretty contact paper and with a padded front sewn on, of my grandmas costume jewelry. I love pretty old things and am so grateful for the gift. 



1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Waffle House = Good Food