Thursday, December 8, 2022

Magic Kingdom

The only day Frankie and I could go to Magic Kingdom was Tuesday, and to my dismay, Tuesday was a party day, so they had an early closing time of 6:00pm, as opposed to their usual 11pm. I was so bummed. I googled, I watched videos, I called Lana and picked her brain. And ultimately we decided to go and hope for low crowds and make the best of it. 

They opened an hour early at 8:00, so we woke up at 4:45, got on the road just after 5:00, and pulled up to this bad boy by 6:30. 

We were v excited and also I’ve never navigated Disney as the sole adult and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly where to go to be able to rope drop appropriately. 

There were like, 3 cars in the parking lot ahead of us. 😂

We decided to take the monorail to and the ferry boat fro. 

We had a nice spot in line by 7:00am on the nose. 

We made friends with another mother/daughter pair in line. Then when the park opened we never saw them again, which surprised me. 

7:15, and the excitement was building. 

The early entry people got in at 7:30, and still we waited. 

Look at those rope droppers!

We had watched videos, downloaded maps, memorized maps, and planned our route. We were ladies on a mission to do all 24 rides!

We busted the move to the Seven Dwarves Mine Train first, and were thrilled when we made it on by 8:20. 

We made another friend in that line and she told us all about how she’s kept her Disney season pass for so many years that she’s grandfathered in and only pays $150 a year. Not much more than we paid for the day. Whomp whomp. 

Our next stop was Peter Pan. (I’m time stamping because I don’t know. So anyways 8:30)

We were up, up, and away by 8:40. 

Next we ran to the Jingle Cruise. We basically ran everywhere all day. We were those obnoxious few that jog around. We only had the one day, it can’t be helped. (9:00)

We felt like we were making good time until this line. That was when our Genie+ friends really started to make their move, which was frustrating. And also understandable and I totally would have done it if it was cheaper. 🤷‍♀️

By 9:25 we’d finally boarded our Eggnog Annie. 

It was so cute all done up for Christmas. 

There was only a 15 minute wait for Big Thunder Mountain, and 5 minutes for Splash Mountain so we headed that way. We got on just before 9:45. 

By 9:55 we were Spashin on the Mountian. 

I took some extra picture’s because this will probably be the last time I ride this before they change it up. 


After that Frankie insisted on Pirates of the Caribbean. We waited about 30 minutes to ride. Frankie kept made eyeing the “line cutters.” (Genie+ 😂)

She was so happy and grateful. She said several times how special it was to be there with just me. 

Ride #6 at 10:45. 



We had also made a list of foods we’d like to try, and this “I Lava You Float” did not disappoint. Dole whip is chefs kiss. 

This ends MK part 1 at 11:00am. 😂 Succinct, I am not. 

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Second star to the right and straight on til morning . . .