Sunday, October 17, 2021

Family day

We were so excited to wear our new Army love.  

And the next morning we did! It was in the 70’s, so not especially cold, but I kept mine on all day and was only hot for a few minutes. 

Wednesday was family day, so we met Christian at their bay where they sleep. None of the soldiers have had their phones, but for a few minutes every Sunday, so they all sat on the curb with their phones waiting for their families to check them out. 

I tried to catch the papa hug, but I was a few seconds late. 

We grabbed some pictures with some of his besties. 

And with Smith’s family. Smith and I wrote back and forth to each other and I just love his wife and sweet baby. 

So happy. 

Our first stop was lunch at the food court. He had 7 hours, but could only leave base to go to the infantry museum. 

We meandered around the exchange and then the infantry museum. 

I have to admit that I wasn’t super excited, but it was actually really well done and interesting. 

And Christian was a good little tour guide. 

We left Chris and Jeanne a few hours to spend together and went back to the house. Matt and I found an awesome trail near the rental and we went for a nice walk on it. Then my dad got me started on Downton Abby, a few years after everyone else, but that’s just the way I roll sometimes. 

No comments: